Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Duplicate Address Book Entries

Cool Fix for the dupe calendar issue, need fix for the addressbook issue still

Check the wireless sync option on your Blackberry device. If the calendar options show you have multiple calendars, all named 'Desktop', then use the BB option to turn off all calendars but one. If you're having a problem with duplicate calendar entries, and you do this, the duplicates should disappear, and the Calendar events should sync properly. [Thanks Andy!]

We have at least one user in our BES beta reporting multiple addressbooks.

Still getting this issue after wiping my BB, upgrading to 4.5.0.69, and reactivating the enterprise connection.

Quote Originally Posted by 01-com View Post
    Check the wireless sync option on your Blackberry device. If the calendar options show you have multiple calendars, all named 'Desktop', then use the BB option to turn off all calendars but one. If you're having a problem with duplicate calendar entries, and you do this, the duplicates should disappear, and the Calendar events should sync properly. [Thanks Andy!]

We have at least one user in our BES beta reporting multiple addressbooks.
    I don't understand how to do this or whether this works for address books.

GJSchaller Guest

From talking to Blackberry Support and reading the Help file on the actual device, it looks like there is an Address Book for each email account on the device.

In my case, I'd done an emergency cut over from one BES to a new one, and in a rather sloppy manner - the old Service Books were still on my device. When I upgraded to 4.5, it saw them, and therefore listed two Address Books.

Wiping your Service Books and re-sending them from the BES should clear out any extra Address Books from your device - just make sure any data you need is backed up, and preferably in your Email client - you don't want to restore the old Address Books again! Just wipe the SBs & ABs, and re-sync to your desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by GJSchaller View Post
    From talking to Blackberry Support and reading the Help file on the actual device, it looks like there is an Address Book for each email account on the device.
    I have closer to 20 or 30 address books. I think I get a new one every time my device reactivates with the BES server.

Default Duplicate Address book on Storm

Has anyone been able to fix the duplicate address book problem? We recently setup a storm, Blackberry OS version 4.7.0.75, on our BES server and within the first week of use the duplicate address book issue occurred. As others have noted this seems to be very similar to the duplicate calendar issue from Blackberry OS version 4.3. We had multiple devices with the duplicate calendar issue but all were fixed once we upgraded to Blackberry OS 4.5.
    Last edited by slothrop; 01-12-2009 at 07:55 AM.

I'm also seeing this issue with 3 users out of about 20 where all address book entries are duplicated several times. Duplicates show up on Blackberries as well as ZWC. We really need to find a solution to this ASAP. BES is 4.1.6.

We've now seen this issue on the Curve with Blackberry OS 4.5.77. This is the same device that had a duplicate calendar problem before upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5. We have yet to see the problem on Curves and 8830s with Blackberry OS 4.2.

In our case ZWC does not show duplicate contacts. We only see duplicate contact books on the Blackberry, which results in duplicate contacts being shown in the Blackberry address book. This is the same behaviour we saw with the duplicate calendar issue on Blackberry OS 4.3. Upgrading to 4.5 fixed the calendar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    is there any way that we can capture the BES logs surrounding the time where the duplicates are created for a particular user? we need to get to the bottom of this problem.
    Hi,

I have the same Problem with one user. I think I was able to capture the Logs surrounding the event, when the address book was duplicated (it seems to happen every time, the BES is rebooted).
    I don't want to publish the logs here, as there is to much sensitive data in it. Where can I send it?

Regards
    Thomas

Default Still duplicating

Hi

I can confirm that we are seeing the exact same address book duplication issue on both the Storm (4.7.0.78) and the new Curve 8900. ZWC is not showing any duplicates.

Have tried wiping and reactivating but still get the same problem.