Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [SOLVED] Duplicate Address Book Entries

Default Fix pending release?

The duplicate addressbook problem seems to be a known issue and has been fixed. A comment posted to the bug yesterday seems to indicate it will be fixed in 5.0.13, however, the release schedule has it listed for 6.0. There is also a workaround posted to the bug to purge duplicate address books without wiping the device. See bug Bug 33227 – Duplicate address book on BB handhelds.

Default Two Questions Remain

Great! It is fixed! But....

The original subject for this thread dealt with duplicate entries in the address book and has since been discussing duplicate address books. The bug report above is not clear whether it fixes duplicate address books or entries (or both). The workaround mentioned, only fixes the duplicated address books (not the duplicated entries).

1. Does bug #33227 fix both types of duplication?

2. Which release is this bug fixed in? I have downloaded the latest ZBC (5.0.2683.13) and am running that. Do I need to upgrade my ZCS too? Is the Beta3 ZBC the same as what was verified in comment #12 of the bug?

(I am getting duplicated entries in my address book but I only have one address book under "Desktop" on my BB Curve)

As you can imagine, I can not roll out Zimbra to our Blackberry customer's until this bug is fixed.

What we've seen and addressed in bug 33227 is duplicate contact entries on the device in a single address book. To get this fix, upgrade ZCB to the latest version. To get rid of the dup's you have to reprovision the device or try the trick in comment 11 of the bug:

Bug 33227 Comment 11

We haven't seen recent reports of duplicate address books
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Thanks. I didn't realize comment 11 wiped the address book. I'll try that. Where do I get the latest version of ZCB?

You can register and download the latest beta bits here:

Zimbra - Products: ZCB (Beta) Registration Form

Enjoy!
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Thumbs up Contacts Cleaner - from Blackberry App World

I'm in an IT Department that provides Blackberry phones to our employees. Because we have a huge amt. of people in Outlook, we were asked to clean up people's Blackberry address books after they were synched.

We found Contacts Cleaner - an app from Blackberry App World. You may be able to get a bulk discount if you're buying multiple licenses. Otherwise, just get one license, download it and it does the trick.