Gal Lookup not working
Please find the logs from our Zimbra Bes attached. The zimbraMailHost on the mailnode that zcb points to. This value should match the server name used at the time of 'BlackBerryServer(Manager), yes this is correct.
Please review the logs and let me know if you are able to detect the cause.
NOTE: This server is installed using Outlook 2007. I did happen to find the following reference citing a like between it and the GAL not working, Blackberry [Lookup failed: ] in Exchange GALwhat do you guys think?
Logs attached are dated 10/9/2009. Is it possible that wrong(old) logs are included?
Based on these logs, it loooks like you tried to configure 2 mail profiles with names 'bbmgr' and 'bbsrv' which is unacceptable for BES. It is absolutely required to create mail profiles with names 'BlackBerryServer' and 'BlackBerryManager'(not 'bbmgr' and 'bbsrv'). Please see more details in ZCB installation instructions.
Having said that, i suspect that the following steps may help:
-stop BB controller and BB manager
-delete 'bbmgr' and 'bbsrv' mail profiles
-create 'BlackBerryManager' and 'BlackBerryServer' mail profiles
-start BB controller and BB manager
Log Files ...
Please disregard the former, and use this submission.....:eek:
Based on logs attached, looks like you were able to provision 4 users on BES. It implies that you most likely were able to sync GAL, otherwise provisioning of users would not be possible. Please confirm.
Gal not working
The Gal has now replaced the contact list on the bes server. The contact list showed all the Zimbra user accounts. This is not acceptible, we want to see both. In addition any with accounts on this bes still cannot use the lookup feature on the blackberry to search for anyone in the GAL or Contacts.
So yes the issue is still unresolved.
>The Gal has now replaced the contact list on the bes server. The >contact list showed all the Zimbra user accounts. This is not acceptible, we >want to see both.
I'm a bit confused here. Would it be difficult for you to provide more info on where exactly on BES machine you noticed that GAL has replaced contact list?
>any with accounts on this bes still cannot use the lookup feature on the >blackberry
It is possible that GAL lookups on device are disabled. Please check the following regitry value on BES machine.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents\AllowAddressLookup
Do you remember changing any other GAL lookup related registry settings on BES smachine?
In addition, you can open support case and one of our support professionals will work directly with you on this.
Lookup Registry Key
When adding a user in the bes manager interface, there is a drop down in the chooser for either address book or global address list. The Zimbra users used to show up in the address book and the gal was empty, now the address book is empty and the gal is populated ( but does not show the Zimbra users)
This showed up after I clicked sync address book, (where the logging is enabled), the contact field in this chooser, was populated with all the zimbra accounts.
One of the hosted users fully activated on the bes, and when they lookup it says failed.
Yes we have enabled the registry for lookup as specified (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents\AllowAddressLookup) should this be deleted and reconfigured?:rolleyes:
'AllowAddressLookup' registry value is not installed by default and is something that was most likely added manually at some point. Unfortunately i do not have any info on what other customizations were done to the registry on BES machine and would additionally check the follwing:
I would recommend to remove any of the above values if found. Please see Access Denied for more details
I also suspect that re-creation of BB profiles may help to resolve GAL problem.
Additionally i suggest to take this problem offline and resolve it through support case(firstname.lastname@example.org)
After some playing around with the settings, we noticed when the dword entry in the registry to allow global lookup entry, was REMOVED. The lookup started to work in our environment.
For others with this issue, I would suggest giving it a shot.