I currently have Zimbra 5.0.16 NE installed, and have had a BES working with it almost flawlessly for the past 2 weeks. I found out yesterday that I had mispelled a users name (pretty badly), and even after fixing it in his account profile on the Zimbra Admin console, it is still showing up in the "From" fields for any emails he sends out from his Blackberry. I am trying to find a way to change the From field, which also corresponds with the "Name" field in BES. I decided to use myself as a guinea pig, and have been trying to change my name from "Daniel Lawson" (as I have originally set it up), to "Dan Lawson". I have changed all of the entries in the GAL, and zmprov gives this for my account:

# name id
email: <redacted to hide from bots>
firstName: Daniel
fullName: Dan Lawson
lastName: Lawson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: zimbraAccount
objectClass: amavisAccount
zimbraId: d01c9a6d-2901-42ec-a26d-7ae646d52e0e

I went and deleted my BES account, left it for 20 minutes, wiped my blackberry, and then went to add myself again. In the GAL I was listed as "Dan Lawson". Before I activated the account the BES had me named "Dan Lawson". Once I activated, it went back to "Daniel Lawson".

How do I change this name? Do I need to go as far as deleting the mailbox in Zimbra and recreating it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.