Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Calendar Sync after upgrade to ZCB 5.0.18

Default No Calendar Sync after upgrade to ZCB 5.0.18

Hi all,

I just upgraded to ZCB 5.0.18 and I lost the calendar synchronisation between my Blackberry and Zimbra (I always get Blackberry Local Failure Notice when I create new appointments). When I stop the BES Controller I can start Outlook but I see, that my Calendar is completely empty from the Outlook point of view...

Mail and addressbook sync seems to work....

Any hints?

Regards
    Thomas

We appear to have the same issue, support ticket has been open with Zimbra on this issue for two days now with no replies

BRW

Quote Originally Posted by brwatters View Post
    We appear to have the same issue, support ticket has been open with Zimbra on this issue for two days now with no replies

BRW
    Hi brwatters,

...not funny at all... Did you try to downgrade, or is there any workaround do you know of?

Regards
    Thomas

Going backwards is not an option for us .. however as of now we have found no work around nor any replies from Zimbra

BRW

Quote Originally Posted by brwatters View Post
    Going backwards is not an option for us .. however as of now we have found no work around nor any replies from Zimbra

BRW
    Hello Brian. Your ticket with support is opened on Saturday as a customer urgency of 'U9-General questions'. U9's response time is generally within 2 business days. In the future, please open your tickets with the appropriate customer urgency level in order to receive a faster response. Also your ticket has no mention of calendars not syncing. A better description of the urgency of the problem will also be helpful in the future.

I have updated your ticket and we'll respond to you shortly.

Can you please response to us to, as we just updated and have the same result - no calendar sync.

Is there a possibility to downgrade?
    Code:
                         <\***/>
    Reinhard             ( . . )
    -------------------ooO--U--Ooo----

Check if appointments are syncing in Outlook:

- Stop Blackberry Controller Service
    - Start MS Outlook 2007. Use
    - Does it prompts you to choose a profile? If it does not, this needs to be corrected.
    - Make sure the BlackberryManager and BlackberryServer profiles are set to 'Prompt' to choose a profile.
    - Choose the BlackberryServer profile to start Outlook
    - Open one of the user's store experiencing this issue, change view to 'Folder List' in Outlook and confirm if Appointments are synced in Outlook.

* Enable logs for ZCB and provide both ZCB and BES logs. Please submit this by opening a Support case.

ZCB and BES Logs - BlackBerry - Zimbra :: Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by abhullar View Post
    Check if appointments are syncing in Outlook:

- Does it prompts you to choose a profile? If it does not, this needs to be corrected.
    - Make sure the BlackberryManager and BlackberryServer profiles are set to 'Prompt' to choose a profile.
    - Choose the BlackberryServer profile to start Outlook
    Hi abhullar,

thank you very much for that hint. That did the trick for me! The whole problem seemed to be related to the Outlook 2007 SP2 Patch (that I installed along with the new ZCB). It seems to be essential, that Outlook has to be started at least one time to rescan all the zdb Datafiles. Allthough I started Outlook, it always used the BlackberryManager Profile (not the BlackberryServer Profile).

After I started Outlook using the BlackberryServer profile, all the datafiles where rescanned (that took some minutes). Then, after restarting the BES Controller, all is working as expected....

Regards
    Thomas

Deepblue so you have no issues now with the ZCB 5.0.18? I'm planning to upgrade today.

If need be, is there a way to go back to the previous version of ZCB?

Quote Originally Posted by newtobes View Post
    Deepblue so you have no issues now with the ZCB 5.0.18? I'm planning to upgrade today.

If need be, is there a way to go back to the previous version of ZCB?
    Hi newtobes,

I don't have any issues with the new ZCB anymore... The 5.0.18 Version of ZCB seems to cause less trouble, than the former version.
    It seems, that the problems I had, where primarily caused by the Outlook SP2 Patch (and not ZCB 5.0.18). But I would recommend to install both, the new ZCB and the Outlook SP2 Patch.
    But I think, the old ZCB will not work with the Outlook SP2 Patch, so this could be a problem for rolling back....

Regards
    Thomas