Here is a quick update on the issues rased in this thread:
1) bug 36964 mentioned by Keith has been fixed and will become available in the next closest zcb release.
2) i spent some time investigating bug 39937 and so far was able to find workaround(temporary solution) that allows to move BB users between BESs without re-provisioning device. Method below apeared to be functional although it involves usage of MFCMAPI and is inefficient for moving of big volume of users:
- installed BES1, BES2 and pointed both of them to remote SQL database. BES1 and BES2 have different SRP IDs.
- After installation both BESs became visible in BB manager under 'BlackBerry Domain\Servers'
- Added and enterprise activated 'User1' on BES1
- Right mouse click on 'User1' and select 'Move User' menu option
- In 'Select Server' popup choose 'BES2' and hit <Ok>
- Installed MFCMAPI on both BES1 and BES2
- Stoped BB controller on BES2
- Opened up MFCMAPI
- Choose menu otption 'Session'->'Logon and Display Store Table'
- In 'Choose Profile' popup select 'BlackBerryServer' profile and hit <Ok>
- In the list of message stores find and double click on the store representing 'User1' - 'Display Name' of the column will look like 'Zimbra-User1'
- In the store hierarchy please find folder 'BlackBerryHandheldInfo' that is listed under 'Root Container'. Double click on 'BlackBerryHandheldInfo'.
- In the list of the messages that showed up please select(single click on) the message with 'Message Class' column set to 'RIM.BlackBerry.Handheld.Config'
- The following are the changes that need to be made in the list of the properties corresponding to this message:
+ add the following properties
0x600C001E assign string representing server name of BES2. This server name can be found on BB manager under 'BlackBerry Domain\Servers'
0x6015001E assign string representing SRP ID
+ add the following properties and copy corresponding property values from corresponding configuration message located on BES1:
Please not that this list of properties most likely can be pruned further - do not hesitate to post elaborated list if found one.
- after above modifications are made please close MFCMAPI and start BB controller on BES2.
- verify that email service is restored
Above solution is temporary and in the future we will work to simplify this process.