Thread: [SOLVED] Meeting invites not showing in Inbox on Blackberry

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Meeting invites not showing in Inbox on Blackberry

Meeting invites are not being shown in the device Inbox, but do appear on calendars. Anyone know what I can change so invites will show up in the device inbox?

Our environment:

- Zimbra 5.0.16, BES connector 5.0.18, BES 4.1.6.20 with Outlook 2007 SP2.

Thanks in advance ...

Here is a couple of possible causes:

1. Wireless Sync on the device calendar is set to "No" or the option isn't present. To check go open "Calendar > Press menu (Left of the trackball) > Select Options > Select Desktop > Ensure Wireless Sync is set to Yes".

2. The incorrect cdo.dll file is registered on the BES. Ideally there should be only one instance of cdo.dll present on BES machine under \Program Files\ExchangeMapi\cdo.dll. It is installed as a part of MAPI/CDO (please see step 1 of zcb install doc). In case if determined that multiple cdo.dll's are present, please register the one mentioned above.

Please also find relevant articles below:

Meeting invites not getting to device - BlackBerry Forums

appointment invites not showing in inbox - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Wireless sync was already set to "Yes".

I verified I have only one instance of CDO.DLL on my BES server. It is verison 6.5.8069.0.

I also verified that Outlook is not auto accepting invites.

I also found those articles in my search. Still no luck.

Update - I hadn't tested since I installed the latest version of the connector yesterday. Appointments are now showing up, but only as an e-mail. I am unable to accept or decline.

>Appointments are now showing up, but only as an e-mail. I am unable to accept or decline.

This could potentially happen if organizer and attendee represent the same account. In other words, if you invite yourself to the meeting then you wll receive invitation on BB device and won't be able to accept/decline it.

The proper test would be for someone else to invite you to the meeting. In this case, meeting request will arrive to the inbox on your device and it will look like regular email message, however when you open it and click on 'BlackBerry' button accept/decline menu options should show up.

If above description does not help then please file support ticket along with:

- time when meeting invitation was sent out
    - MAGT + zcb logs covering above period of time

and we will investigate.

Guess I should have given this a little time after the upgrade to the latest version of the connector, 5.0.18. I did some more testing and this upgrade resolved the issue. Thanks for you input, eugener.