Thread: Help? Old messages resending!

Question Help? Old messages resending!

Not sure how this happened, maybe some of you know the intricacies of BES and can respond.

I was trying to move the CEO to a new BES, which ultimately failed, but I had to reactivate her on the old one. Here is what transpired:

1: Backup entire BB Curve on Desktop Manager (WinXP). Wipe handheld from the handheld itself. Remove account from old BES (ZCB BETA3.)

2: Following RIM instructions, I restore the BB from the bu file from step 1, (I believe some messages/folders were included in sync/restore).

3. I tried activating her against NEW BES, but that failed (as per my other thread) so I re-activated her against the old BES (still ZCB BETA3.)

An hour later, I get a phone call from our CEO asking 'what did I do to her email' and that some old messages from as far back as early October resent to various recipients. One of those old message was resent to a potential client, which can be embarrassing or compromising! Naturally I was drilled for reasons. I have seen of some other instances where old stuff resends, but none that caught me this much flak.

Anybody else explain what could cause old messages to to be re-sent? Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Version 6.0.16_GA_2998.NETWORK Apr 4, 2012 MACOSXx86
    Xserve 2x Dual Core Xeons 10GB with Xserve RAID

I beleive that this is the old problem that was fixed in ZCB GA. Once BES serevers will be upgraded to ZCB GA, you will not experience this problem anymore. Please see the following bug for details:

Bug 35802 – Sent message doesn't send when mailbox is in maintenance mode and wont retry the send