Thread: [SOLVED] ZCB and rules

Hybrid View

Lightbulb [SOLVED] ZCB and rules

Hi,

i am running ZCB 5.0.18 with Outlook 2007 without service pack, BES 4.1.7 and Zimbra 6.0.2.

I have mail filtering rules on zimbra, and rules works as espected on the web UI. However, i receive in the blackberry each filtred email twice : once copy into the right folder according to the rule, and another copy into the blackberry INBOX ... This is pretty annoying, is it a way to change that ?

ps: not regarding this particular issue : should i switch to Outlook 2007 SP2 ?

Hi myself !

It seems there is an option which allow to mask "sent messages" and "filed messages" in "general options".

However, I still receive filed messages in my inbox. If i read it, it disapear but still remain visible in the folder where it should be filed.

I believe this is how BES was designed by RIM - the same message will be visible in the inbox as well as respective folder. Please see the following article for details:

How Folder Redirection Works - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Also please free to do additional research in regards to "folder redirection" feature available on BB device.

Hi,

I think i was unclear in my previous post.

I have set the option 'hide filed messages' to yes. With this option, i see in the inbox folder of the blackberry only the mails who belong to the inbox folder. Thakns to folder redirection, I can see my other folders with mails according to my filtering rules.

However, when i receive a new mail which should be filed in another folder, it appear on the Inbox of the blackberry : this is not a normal behavior for me !
    And if i read this mail and check again my inbox, the mail vanished and is moved into the right folder.

Is it a ZCB bug ? is it possible NOT to receive filtred mail in the handset's inbox ?

It might not had enough time to reconcile? Have you tried on your BB to "Reconcile Now" before you read the message?

It seems, this is the default behavior, as said earlier by eugener.

Thanks !