Thread: Problem with ZCB configuration

Hybrid View

Default Problem with ZCB configuration

Hi,

I have problem with property configuration of BES to use Zimbra accounts. To configure BES I have used guide from this site http://www.crocker.com/support/docum...berryGuide.pdf but when I want to create new account, the only account I see is administrator account of Windows.
    When I was creating mail account for Outlook I had error communicate that my default mail client isn't compatible, but account was created and Outlook had connect with them on Zimbra
    I'm using:

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Small Business with SP2
    Intel Pentium 2x2,4 GHz
    1,23 GB RAM

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 for Exchange Trial
    Exchange Version 6.5.7226.0
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
    ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.19_GA_2977_5.0.2719.19

on second machine I have installed
    Release 6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition with Trial licence
    on Ubuntu 8.04

Have someone any idea what can by wrong?

BES 5.0 for Exchange is not compatible with zimbra BES connector yet (please see 'Installation Prerequisites' section of the doc). You may need to consider installing BES 4.1.6 instead.

I've instaled BES 4.1.6 and now I have another problem.
    After creating new user, status of that user is "Initializing" all the time...

To change the status of the user you may need to perform Enterprise Activation on device.

I'm having the same issue with almost the same hardware/software config. BES shows "Initializing". I attempt an enterprise activation from my phone and receive the activation email in my account but it never makes it the BES.

Please post MAGT log file covering priod of time when device was in process of enterprise activation along with the name of user that failed to activate.

Also you may need to verify that activation message arrived to the mailstore on BES machine by opening 'BlackBerryServer' mail profile with Outlook. Absense of activation message in BES mailstore could lead to the issue that you described.

Alternatevely please feel free to file support case at support@zimbra.com.

Somehow we managed to get one user working with no issues. All users added after this user remain in initializing state on the BES. All accounts are verified to be "Enterprise" accounts with our cell provider. All of the accounts appear in Outlook on the BES and are synchronizing email with the Zimbra server. The MAGT log file shows all of this activity. The only error message that appears is the following: GetDeviceID() did not return a PIN, PIN currently is not set for this user. This message appears for all failed users. Any ideas?

It might be a good idea to confirm with mobile carrier that devices are subscribed for the proper BES data plan which enables to use them on BES.

I have confirmed that all devices are setup correctly with the carrier. In fact, all users were active users on the same BES server when it was associated with an Exchange server.

I may need to look at MAGT log file covering period of time when device was in process of enterprise activation. In the log there has to be a line confirming that activation message was processed by BES.

If you do not feel comfortable to post log file in the forum, please do not hesitate to send it to support (support@zimbra.com) or myself (eugene@zimbra.com) for analysis.