Thread: No Message Store on Configuration

Default No Message Store on Configuration

We have a client using Zimbra with Outlook Connector. Only user in Outlook is zimbra. It has synced up and continues to function properly.

They have a Blackberry 9000. Install Blackberry software and go to sync with Outlook. During setup it asks for the Outlook user and displays zimbra. However, when sync is started it says "No Message Store".

The Blackberry ISP says this is a zimbra connector issue. I am not so sure.

Has anyone seen this behavior and if so, how was it resolved.

TIA, Mark
    Mark A. Fien
    The FIEN Group, LLC

** Murphy was an optimist ***

Are you talking about cradle sync with the BlackBerryDesktop software, or wireless sync using BES? We currently have a bug (42277) where BDM does not work with Zimbra Connector for Outlook if your ZCO version is 5.0.19 or later (that includes 6.0.x). [5.0.18 connectors will work fine]. We are working on this. If it's not cradle sync, it's a different issue.

Thank you for pointing me to the bugzilla entry.

On review, it appears there are similarities. I had done a search of bugzilla but got no hits for no message store - strange.

I must confess that as an HSP/VAR these types of issues particularly within 6.x which is supposed to be the best release are not helping the credibility of Zimbra as an Exchange alternative.

This issues requires being fixed in the upcoming 6.0.5 release or I fear we are going to start losing users quickly. There have been too many things that worked, particularly in 5.x that were broken in GA releases of 6.x and that is not good and does not demonstrate good QA which is what our clients fear most when moving off Exchange.

Thanks
    Mark A. Fien
    The FIEN Group, LLC

** Murphy was an optimist ***

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Are you talking about cradle sync with the BlackBerryDesktop software, or wireless sync using BES? We currently have a bug (42277) where BDM does not work with Zimbra Connector for Outlook if your ZCO version is 5.0.19 or later (that includes 6.0.x). [5.0.18 connectors will work fine]. We are working on this. If it's not cradle sync, it's a different issue.
    Is there anyway to download the 5.0.18 Outlook connector alone or do I have to download the full CD and extract it?

Any ETA on when this will be fixed in the 6.0.x tree?

EDIT: Ignore the download question. Figured out how to do it through the support portal. However the second question is still valid. Any ETA on the fix? I read the bug report and can confirm I have the same results on all tests. I also agree with the last post -- it took quite a bit of effort to convince the "powers that be" that we had a viable alternative to Exchange. Between the BES server and BDM software issues, we are beginning to look silly. I realize that this is not a big issue to most (I prefer NOT to use BDM or Outlook myself) but some are more stubborn in giving up what they are used to using.
    Last edited by kcook; 01-26-2010 at 10:13 AM.

We're working on the fix for 42277, but I'm waiting on RIM for more information.

Default Any New Information?

We're working on the fix for 42277, but I'm waiting on RIM for more information.
    I downloaded the 6.0.4 ZCO from the Support Portal (we're running 6.0.2 server) because there seemed to be hope that this problem would be fixed there. Unfortunately we're still having this same problem. This is even on a brand new laptop! My end-user is about at his wit's end, and I'm not sure what kind of time frame to give him for the fix....

It has just been fixed in 5.0.23 and 6.0.6. 5.0.23 will be coming out in a couple of weeks. We also hope to have a 6.0.5+ release that will have this fix in there. With this fix, you can use existing Outlook profiles -- you would need to open Outlook with this profile once -- after that things should work.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do we have an ETA for 6.0.5+ or 6.06? When I initially tried the 5.0.18 work around for this problem, I got a different problem involving contact tags/categories that I would hate to encounter again. The 6.0.x ZCO's seem to fix that problem.

It has just been fixed in 5.0.23 and 6.0.6. 5.0.23 will be coming out in a couple of weeks. We also hope to have a 6.0.5+ release that will have this fix in there. With this fix, you can use existing Outlook profiles -- you would need to open Outlook with this profile once -- after that things should work.
    So, does that mean that there will be a new release of 6.0.5 with a new Outlook connector only?

It would mean we would put a version of 6.0.5 with just this fix on the support portal. Not sure if we can do that yet. Otherwise, you could downgrade to the 5.0.23 ZCO for the couple of weeks before 6.0.6 came out.