Thread: [SOLVED] How well does ZCB handle multiple/sub calendars/addressbooks?

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] How well does ZCB handle multiple/sub calendars/addressbooks?

I'm looking at an account at 01.com with their BES/ZCB service. How well does BES/ZCB handle multiple different calendars and addressbooks? how about subfolders within one calendar or addressbook?

My current experience on my Blackberry with BIS & GoogleSync & Funambol has been fairly poor - they seem to be limited to one calendar/addressbook per email address, which is really not what I need.

If BES/ZCB combo will really do what I need, I don't mind spending the extra monthly fee, but I'm not too keen on going through the setup cost and time if it really won't work the way I need it to work.

"they seem to be limited to one calendar/addressbook per email address"

This is a RIM/BES limitation. BES only syncs the primary Calendar and Primary Address Book.

Can you help me understand this a bit better - my experience with both GoogleSync and Funambol has been ONLY with a BIS enabled Blackberry, NOT with BES -- and syncing with BES is exactly what I was hoping would solve my problem of not having multiple-calendars.

Does this mean that wither either BIS or BES, a Blackberry can never have more than one calendar per email address (in the native calendar)?

Quote Originally Posted by tslosek View Post
    Does this mean that wither either BIS or BES, a Blackberry can never have more than one calendar per email address (in the native calendar)?
    Correct. I have never seen a Blackberry that can handle more then one Calendar or address book.

I think, the Blackberry build in applications are not able to handle that, aside from the inability to sync them through the BES.

The only device (to my knowledge), that can handle multiple address books and multiple calendars is the iPhone. You can sync them perfectly with Zimbra as long as the address books and calendars are all yours (and not shared ressources).

Regards
    Thomas

Thanks for the reply deepblue - it's good to know since it clearly answers my question, but disheartening because multiple-calendars is really something I consider important.

I note that with iphone and caldav now, you can even get shared calendars.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!