As Zimbra is not supported by BES and BES documentation is oriented for deployment with Exchange enviroments (or Lotus or Groupwise), I think that Zimbra documentation should really fill the existing gaps. For instance, if I try calling BES support, first thing they notice is that outlook is installed and the CDO is not the one they say it should be installed...both things are not in compliance with their documentation. So please, this is something I would really love to see "improve the BES documentation".
I'm now stucked in a point where I just can't list the AD users in the BES web admin page. So I'm not being able to add any user...
After talking with Zimbra support, I've been told that I didn't need an AD installed in my BES machine (which is a relieve...'cause having to have another DC just to sync with BES is nothing but anoying). Zimbra documentation kind of "assumes" that I know how to install a BES...the only place where I feel I can learn is by following BES guides for installation that are written for Exchange, not for Zimbra.
Please Zimbra, improve this.
BTW, if anyone reading this has ever faced this problem, please let me know what could I do to fix it.
1) zcs ne 8.0.7
2) 1 CentOS 6.5 with mailstore/ldap + 1 CentOS 6.5 with proxy/mta
3) 1 Windows 2008 64 bits (updated) + 1 Outlook 2007 SP3
4) besadmin created as asked in zimbra documeantation
5) DoS precautions have been taken
6) Comunication to port 7071 and 8443 in the mailstore is fine
7) Outlook profiles created as said in zimbra documentation
8) Everything in the BES server was installed following the exact order provided in the zimbra documentation (even the CDO and zimbra connector)
9) BES is version 5.0.4 m7
10) I'm using a local sql express 2008 db