Thread: Outlook error after installing Outlook Connector

Default Outlook error after installing Outlook Connector

Hi All,

On the client side I've installed Outlook Connector on Windows XP, Outlook 2003 and on the server side I've installed Zimbra NETWORK edition 4.5.5_GA_838.UBUNTU6 on UBUNTU6.

It works well with all the other Outlook clients but on one particular outlook client it keeps causing outlook to hang after it starts to synchronise. I've attached an error log file. Its 134kb which exceeds the max file upload size for .txt so i've split it into 4 files. Hope you can look into it and provide a solution.

Thanks for the help. It would be very appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: txt 1.txt (38.9 KB, 115 views)
    • File Type: txt 2.txt (38.8 KB, 88 views)
    • File Type: txt 3.txt (38.2 KB, 106 views)
    • File Type: txt 4.txt (19.9 KB, 88 views)

Quote Originally Posted by prox View Post
    Hi All,

On the client side I've installed Outlook Connector on Windows XP, Outlook 2003 and on the server side I've installed Zimbra NETWORK edition 4.5.5_GA_838.UBUNTU6 on UBUNTU6.

It works well with all the other Outlook clients but on one particular outlook client it keeps causing outlook to hang after it starts to synchronise. I've attached an error log file. Its 134kb which exceeds the max file upload size for .txt so i've split it into 4 files. Hope you can look into it and provide a solution.

Thanks for the help. It would be very appreciated.
    is it possible that this client is pointed towards a large account that will take a little while to initial sync? maybe you have to wait a little while because there are points during the initial sync process where it may seem hung. do you have the progress dialog up? does it look like it is doing anything?

thanks
    --tony

The email account only has 54mb of mail. What usually happens is the first time outlook is opened the mail starts to sync, and the outlook dialog pops out showing the transfer/sync in kb. Then it will show an error before it finishes the sync. Then when you try to send/receive with outlook again it will try to synchronise but you won't see any kb/s being transferred because it doesn't seem to be making a connection then it will hang.

Quote Originally Posted by prox View Post
    The email account only has 54mb of mail. What usually happens is the first time outlook is opened the mail starts to sync, and the outlook dialog pops out showing the transfer/sync in kb. Then it will show an error before it finishes the sync. Then when you try to send/receive with outlook again it will try to synchronise but you won't see any kb/s being transferred because it doesn't seem to be making a connection then it will hang.
    ok...so it looks like initial sync is failing on an object. if this happens outlook, caches the sync request (hence no transfer kb) and tries the initial sync again on the next sync. it skips objects that you have already processed and starts again where it left off. if it is consistently failing on one particular object, its possible that you could be stuck.
    can you open a support incident with tech support and send them your log files (with http logging enabled). if outlook is not totally hung, there are probably going to be some diagnostic messages in your sync issues/local failures folder and that could help us debug the issue too.

thanks
    --tony