Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Connector Crashes V4.5.6

Default Outlook Connector Crashes V4.5.6

I have a user with a dell running xp sp2, a 1.60 ghz intel processor, and 1 GB of ram. This user is on our hosted solution using Zimbra V.4.5.6 and Connector V.4.5.6

when we install the connector outlook open for about 10 seconds and then reports error that is has to shut down. It then gets thrown into the neverending starting again loop, unless you uncheck restart office.

here is the info from Debug View that I have obtained:

CImageInformation::Initialize(C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2 \OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE)
    [1408] First time patch on vtbl 0x360B4488
    [1408] Addin::ctor
    [1408] Addin::FinalConstruct
    CImageInformation::Initialize(C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1 \MICROS~1\DW\DW20.EXE)

I need help trying to figure out why this will not work. Someone please lend me some assistance.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Behm View Post
    I have a user with a dell running xp sp2, a 1.60 ghz intel processor, and 1 GB of ram. This user is on our hosted solution using Zimbra V.4.5.6 and Connector V.4.5.6

when we install the connector outlook open for about 10 seconds and then reports error that is has to shut down. It then gets thrown into the neverending starting again loop, unless you uncheck restart office.

here is the info from Debug View that I have obtained:

CImageInformation::Initialize(C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2 \OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE)
    [1408] First time patch on vtbl 0x360B4488
    [1408] Addin::ctor
    [1408] Addin::FinalConstruct
    CImageInformation::Initialize(C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1 \MICROS~1\DW\DW20.EXE)

I need help trying to figure out why this will not work. Someone please lend me some assistance.

Thanks,

the best information which you could give us to debug this issue would be core dumps: CoreDump - ZimbraWiki

you could also enable zco logging with http trace enabled and send those log files to us. logging is controlled through the zco log control application which is iinstalled in your provider dll folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033) and the application is called ZCOLogCtl.exe

Anthony,

Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, you are talking to a tier 1 hd tech who is a mac user primarily. To top it off, this user is not accesable to me so I have to guide someone who doesn't know what to do, over the phone.

I went to CoreDump - ZimbraWiki and I see no crystal clear instructions with what I am supposed to do. If you could please guide me on how to install/run/ gather the data I need in order for you to direct me to resolution regarding this issue, that would be swell. Thanks in advance for all of your continued cooperation.

- Chris

Default maybe contacting support is the best way to go....

Anthony,

Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, you are talking to a tier 1 hd tech who is a mac user primarily. To top it off, this user is not accesable to me so I have to guide someone who doesn't know what to do, over the phone.

I went to CoreDump - ZimbraWiki and I see no crystal clear instructions with what I am supposed to do. If you could please guide me on how to install/run/ gather the data I need in order for you to direct me to resolution regarding this issue, that would be swell. Thanks in advance for all of your continued cooperation.

- Chris

hi chris,

firstly, you should try to turn on logging with http trace enabled using that application that i mentioned in my previous post. this application should be located in your mapi provider dll directory. on my machine it is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033. when you launch the application, you can check the "enable logging" option and also please check the "enable http logging" option. you can specify the location of the logs files too. once you do this restart outlook and try to reproduce the crash. once outlook crashes, please send the logs to us at support@zimbra.com.
    to generate core dumps, you will need to launch the registry editor (i.e. regedit) and go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\Err orReporting\DW\Installed
    and set the key DW0200 to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRWTSN32.EXE
    then open a command prompt and type "drwtsn32 -i". there should be a dialog that comes up that indicates that dr. watson is now the default debugger for the system.
    then, at the command line, run "drwtsn32" and set the desired path in the log file path and the desired filename in the crash dump section.
    now when outlook crashes it should bring up dr watson that will enable you to generate and save a dump file that you can also send to support. please remember to make a full dump file and not a mini dump file.
    if you need more assistance, please contact support and they can walk you through the steps more thoroughly.

thanks
    --tony

Anthony I have submitted the logs to zimbra support and have not heard back from anyone. I was getting better response time from you in here. So with that being said I would appreciate an answer or a resolution update. Unfortunately, I cant post the logs in here because the files are too big. Please let me know where I can send them to.

Thanks,

Default Case 00013966

Hi Chris-
    I just reviewed your logs.

We need to hear back from the Outlook team for more info. Once we have it, alee, sam, myself, or Phoenix will update you either by e-mail or your support case.

Thanks
    john

update, I sent them to alee@zimbra.com

Thank you, I will be eagerly awaiting your response.

Hey Chris-
    Did you cc support@zimbra.com/update your case via the support portal? Otherwise, not all of us get the info.

Thanks
    john

Default looked at the logs

Thank you, I will be eagerly awaiting your response.
    hi chris,

sorry, i didn't see the updates to this thread when you sent me the email.
    i have looked at your logs and i don't see anything in there that indicates the crash that you are seeing. the last thing that happens in the log is that we are trying to open an object in the contacts folder for this user.

i think that we have to focus on getting a crash dump file from you. did you feel comfortable with the steps that i indicated in my last post? if not, let me know exactly what you don't feel comfortable with and i'll try to help you out.

thanks
    --tony