Thread: Problems with Outlook Address Book

Default Problems with Outlook Address Book

We recently had a hard drive failure and lost all our mailboxes, the backups proved to be useless... that's another problem for another day...

We were able to restore all user's mailboxes by exporting their zimbra.zdb files to a .pst then importing the PSTs to Zimbra with the Import Tool (we didn't know .zdb files can be imported until after we finished importing).

We also took the opportunity to update everyone's Outlook Connector to 4.5.6 (we are running ZCS 4.5.6).

Some users report on Outlook 2003, they cannot view their contacts via the Address Book. Their contact appear in their Contacts folder but they are not accessible by hitting 'To:' when composing a new message.

Version Recap:
    Outlook 2003
    ZCS 4.5.6
    Zimbra Outlook Connector 4.5.6

Contacts -> Properties -> Outlook Address Book, shows a disabled option to 'Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book'

Thanks in advance for helping us fix this issue.

Did you recreate profiles after the mailboxes were restored? If so, how? It sounds like the outlook address book doesn't have the contacts folder setup to be viewed as an address book.

Right click contacts->properties->outlook address book tab->show this folder as an outlook address book.

If the tab doesn't appear, you need to add the outlook address book to the profile using tools->accounts->add new address book.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

We had to remove the 'Outlook Address Book", and re-add it... that enabled the 'Show address book...' option, when it was enabled the Contacts appeared in the Address Book. Thanks for your help!

Default Address Book Does not allow removal Greyed Out

Address Book is greyed out for removal and does not let me add contacts as a address book . This is a new install. Thoughts ?

Default Problems with address book

I'm new to using MS outlook. I usually work on *nix servers but this time I am working with Active Directory and facing some problems.

I want to see only the people whose account are active in my address book. Currently I see all the people's e-mail addresses when I click on 'To' button. Many of those accounts are disabled, but sitll I see there addresses. Also if I want to send e-mail to everyone, it also sends mails to those people whose accounts are disabled and ultimately creates a lot of confusion. I went into the Active Directory and properties of disabled user accounts 'Exchange Advance' tab and clicked 'Hide from Exchange address lists'. But I still see those disabled user acounts in my Outlook.

Is there a way that I can see people whose accounts are currently active, and not other people.

Thank you