Thread: Connector 5.0 cannot import/export rules

Hybrid View

Default Connector 5.0 cannot import/export rules

I have just updated our server to 4.5.7 so that we can use connector 5.0 to address a lot of issues that we have been having.

What I have now ran into is that in outlook under tools/rules and alerts the popup has changed so that we are not able to import or export rules from our other email accounts. This is a major issue as we have several people that recieve thousands of emails daily and have several rules set up. We cannot be setting up rules every time the zimbra connector needs to be rebuilt as this happens too frequently as it is. Does any one have a way to import a saved .rwz file?

Please help

You should contact Support.

jh

we have solved this issue, as rather than under tools/ rules and alerts, you now must go to tools/organize/rules and alerts. from there you can select to import and export rules.

i have another quick question that maybe you can help with. We have had serious problems with zimbra syncing to outlook. I have about 6 users that have a contstant problem where outlook locks up about every 2 weeks. When this happens we have no other option than to reset up the connector, delete the zdb file, and delete all the profiles. If we do not do this exact process, it will fail within a day or so. The only variable between these computers that fail all the time to the connectors that never fail is that these have a 2nd email (qmail) address syncing with the outlook profile that zimbra is on. This email recieves thousands of system generated emails daily. Recently I have downloaded thunderbird onto their pcs and have had the qmail syncing to that and the zimbra syncing to outlook and have not seen any problems yet. Even with the new beta 5.0 during testing I had connectors fail with multiple emails syncing to outlook. The problem is that my company is not willing to accept this as a long term solution and is threatening to go with an exchange server here very shortly. Do you have any info that might be relevant as to why this happens? Are you not suppose to have multiple email accounts while using the zimbra connector? I hasve tried calling your tech support on several occasions and end up leaving an vmail and never recieve a response.

Please shed some light.

You should contact support@zimbra.com. We'll obtain a core dump of outlook when it appears to be hung which will help us find the root cause and issue a patch.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

i have done this previously and never recieved a reply. I beleive we have 2 or 3 open tickets on this right now. For now i am not experiencing the issue, and we cannot afford the time to set it back as it was to "test".