Thread: Exchange and Zimbra accounts in same Outlook profile

Default Exchange and Zimbra accounts in same Outlook profile

Hi, is it possible to access both an Exchange account and a Zimbra account (via each respective MAPI provider) in the same Outlook profile?

I'm guessing this won't work similar to why you cannot access two Exchange servers simultaneously in one Outlook profile...

Plus I think both the Exchange and Zimbra accounts would require that they each be the default account?

Welcome to the forum.

AFAIK, this is not supported : you must have two different profiles, one for Zimbra and the other one for Exchange.

Thanks Klug,

I didn't think so either. But I just tried it, and at the very least I was able to add an Exchange Server account to my Zimbra Outlook profile.

I don't know if the whole setup will work without glitches though. I'm also not sure which mailbox (Exchange or Zimbra) to make the default for incoming mail delivery?

Does Zimbra provide any support or documentation (perhaps with ZCS 5.0) in regards to accessing both an Exchange account and a Zimbra account in the same profile?

I'm guessing that the Zimbra staff has had a lot of experience with Exchange (in order to reverse engineer Outlook connectivity with Zimbra), and that they've already tested the scenario with simultaneous Exchange and Zimbra MAPI access...

The reason is that I'm recommending hosted Zimbra accounts for a small side business belonging to some friends. But these people already have their own Exchange accounts that they must still use (either an in-house Exchange Server for their main company, or hosted Exchange accounts for personal use). So it would be great if they can access both Exchange and Zimbra accounts without having to login and logout of different Outlook profiles.

My second choice would be to have Outlook connect to the hosted Zimbra account via IMAP, but the Outlook Connector MAPI access is preferrable. FYI they use a mix of Outlook 2003 and 2007 because we haven't finished upgrading everyone to 2007...
    Last edited by beq; 10-15-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Default Any Progress?

Although I've been able to add both MAPI connections to the same profile, I am unable to send email through my Zimbra account. Apparently this has to do with the fact that Zimbra is not the default mail store.

If I attempt to send an email it goes to my outbox and then to my sent box as if it was properly sent, but then I receive a message undeliverable response from the server.

In the meantime I am at least able to use ZCS to view & manage my Zimba hosted email while connected to my Exchange server, but it sure would be nice to be able to send without switching profiles. If this isn't currently supported, is it at least possible to add it to the product roadmap?

Default anything new on this issue?

I experience the exact same problem -
    The Outlook account "demands" to be the default mail store, and any mail I send from the zimbra account is stored in "Sent" at the the Outlook account.

Running Zimbra 6.0 at Ubuntu Linux 64Bit

-----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by steinbr2 View Post
    Although I've been able to add both MAPI connections to the same profile, I am unable to send email through my Zimbra account. Apparently this has to do with the fact that Zimbra is not the default mail store.

If I attempt to send an email it goes to my outbox and then to my sent box as if it was properly sent, but then I receive a message undeliverable response from the server.

In the meantime I am at least able to use ZCS to view & manage my Zimba hosted email while connected to my Exchange server, but it sure would be nice to be able to send without switching profiles. If this isn't currently supported, is it at least possible to add it to the product roadmap?