Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierd Characters in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook Connector

Default Wierd Characters in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook Connector

Folks,

Two of our users reported an issue where their "Mailbox - <User Name>" in Outlook 2007 switched to some funny chinese/japanese characters. It was temporary, and lasted through the end of a day. It happened to them at different times.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?

Kindest Regards,

Matthew Kennedy

May or may not be similar but I am having a weird character issue as well.

Mine is in 2003, in the send and recieve box it will show zimbra syncing and where the users name should be I have a bunch of squares. Sometimes it will produce other characters as well.

This would not be a huge problem except for when the user sends an email it shows "???????????" in the from box. This is a big turnoff for potential clients!

Sometimes when I close out outlook and reopen it, it will correct itself for a while but ultimately comes back. I will generally have to rebuild the connector, however this is happening more often now and is impossible to continue to rebuild these all the time. I have seen this on a variety of connectors but this one happens to be 5.0.

Any thoughts?

Default Weird characters in Mailbox - Username

Bug 19089 - RPCError during startup causes corrupt store display name

This has been fixed. It would happen if there was some kind of an RPC error during startup.

Default Weird characters

I think tgrizzel's problem is different. The weird chars in Mailbox - Username is only a 5.0 problem, and that has been fixed for sure. I'm assuming when this happens, the actual Mailbox name username combination displayed in All Mail Folders is fine. Will have to look into this one. Do you remember if this situation is preceded by an error of any kind?

For the same of accuracy, I was mistaken in my last post; it is possible for the weird characters in Mailbox-Username to happen in 4.5.7 or above. But I still think tgrizzel's problem is different.

Fsiegel....can you point me to the 5.0 beta 4. I cant find it in the downloads

Thanks for the responses. This is exactly what is happening. Is there a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by tgrizzel View Post
    Fsiegel....can you point me to the 5.0 beta 4. I cant find it in the downloads
    We expect RC2 (Beta 4) at the end of this month/early next month.

Default Asian Characters

I am having the same issue with the 5.0 beta with Outlook 2007 on a few of my users. Theirs does not go away at the end of the day though. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Default same prob

we have several users experiencing the ??????? mark thing now. As Zimbra states above this is a different problem then what this posting is about.....

However....

I now have a couple users that end up with the ??????? thing and the odd Chinese characters at the same time. Is there any update on this and or the next 5.0 beta 4 that will fix the ??????

Unlike the last posting, generally we can restart outlook and both problems will return to normal.