Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook partial sync

Default Outlook partial sync

Hi,

Today while Outlook was doing it's sync, my network connection dropped out. Outlook managed to partially sync a single email but then it won't continue when the network resumed. Restarting Outlook doesn't complete the sync. In the webmail the email is 500kb but in Outlook it's only 150kb.

Is there a way to force Outlook to resync the Inbox properly?

regards
    Rey

look under your SyncIssues\Local Failures folder. Are there any error messages there? If so, what does it say?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    look under your SyncIssues\Local Failures folder. Are there any error messages there? If so, what does it say?
    I've searched for files or folders name 'sync' or 'fail' under 'c:\Documents and Settings' and 'c:\Windows' on Windows and /opt/zimbra on my server but could not find it. Where would I find this folder?

Default Sync Issues folder

No -- it's within Outlook itself. In the Outlook UI, look in the folder list on the left. Hit the folder list icon on the bottom (looks like a file folder) to make sure you are seeing all the folders.

Hey, thanks for that fsiegel, I learned something new today.

Here's the error message and there should also be sync_response.xml attachment:

Local Failures were detected. No action is required.
    This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.

Sync Type: Delta Sync

Computer Name: HYPERION

Version: 4.5.288

Error IDs:
    15843 - RPC Exception: (id: 12152) Unkown Error 2f78

Well attachment didn't work for me, must be wrong type. It's only one long line so I'll just paste it here.

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><change token="24636"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><SyncResponse md="1193218618" token="24636" xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"><m ms="24636" md="1193218618" l="2" id="15843" rev="24636"/></SyncResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
    Last edited by rey; 11-01-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added contents of attachment

This error is ERROR_WINHTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE. This means that the server response could not be parsed. Not quite sure what is going on here. Sometimes this means that there is more than 64K of header data.

Do you know which email you are having trouble with? It's id, as you can see, is 15843.

this sometimes happens when you choose to use port 80, but check 'use secure connection' or user port 443 and don't check the option. Are your connection settings correct?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

fsiegel, I know which email I'm having trouble with because I can see different size shown on the webmail compared with Outlook.

sam, Here is my settings
    Server port: 80
    Use secure Connection is unchecked.

I will try to reproduce this behaviour by downloading a large message and disconnect my client network halfway through the sync process.

Is there anything else I can try to force a resync?

The best way to resync is to create a new profile (control panel->mail->show profiles->new). If you can't get that working, open a support case with support@zimbra.com.
    Last edited by sam; 11-04-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Sam Khavari

hi sam,

A new profile would work but then you would have to sync your entire mail folders. My mail folders total 300MB which will take 30 mins on my broadband connection but it's not ideal if someone has 4GB of email to resync a new profile on a connection slower than LAN speeds.

This time I will delete the email from Outlook and see if it's deleted from the server or if Outlook tries to resync again.