Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to download the outlook connector from?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you updated your forum profile with the command I've asked you to run we'd all know what you've got and not have to keep asking you which version is installed. Which version of Zimbra do you think you've installed?
    To be honest, it wasn't me the one who installed it. I was just hired by this company and they have this server which was not finished by the previous admin. I have no experience with zimbra in the past and i try to do my best before i move to another MTA..

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by boby_mike View Post
    To be honest, it wasn't me the one who installed it. I was just hired by this company and they have this server which was not finished by the previous admin.
    Do you not have access to the server via ssh? If you do then ssh as root the become the Zimbra user with:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    You can now run the command I gave you earlier. If you don't have ssh acces then I assume you can login to a normal mail account? Login to the Web UI and enter the following in the Zimbra search bar:
    Code:
    $set: get version
    It should pop-up a box telling you which version & release you've got. Although, from your list of available downloads I would suspect you have the Open Source version i.e. the one without the Outlook Connector.

Quote Originally Posted by boby_mike View Post
    I have no experience with zimbra in the past and i try to do my best before i move to another MTA..
    Are you moving this user to another MTA? Why, what's wrong with the current Zimbra installation?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi again and many many thanks for your quick answers!

I answered you earlier and i updated my profile which the information you asked for But my mistake, because i edited a post instead writing a new one.
    1-yes, i have access via ssh and i managed to get into zimbra configuration files.

2-i do not want to move to another MTA, because i guess nothing is wrong with zimbra, but:
    a) the server is not in production yet because the last admin went away, and ,after the tests i run and after the how-to-s i have read, i will need for all the users with MS Outlook this connector
    b) i will have to move to something else IF i will not be able to get along with this one.

3- i have even installed Zimbra desktop, tring to bypass the MS Outlook, but it also not working like i supposed (calendar not updating etc...)..

As I mentioned earlier, the Outlook Connector is an NE feature and that's a paid-for version of Zimbra.

You'll need to give specific examples of what problems you're encountering with ZCS and Zimbra Desktop and what you're trying to do with the Outlook Connector. Some idea of the number of users on this system might be useful.
    Regards

Bill

I understood
    So, the company has around 150-200 e-mail adresses. The people is spread all over the country..They had in the past a postfix server, but obviously postfix lacks on calendar, global adresse-book etc. So they decided for an Exchange server (around 500$), but the old admin told them there is Zimbra which does all of this at almost no aditional costs. So he installed Zimbra but, before he finished the work, he left for another job. I took over, and i am tring to see what can i do now: going forward with Zimbra, or changing to another MTA. Why? because i saw that the prices are a little bit high for my expectations and...i cannot go now to the management telling: the old guy didn't told you the truth.
    So, making the long story short: What i need? I need that the users, which have already e-mails accounts on their PC-s (most of them with MS Outlook and Outlook Express) to get connected to the Zimbra server in order to be able to:
    1- get their e-mails
    2- get global address book
    3- get calendar and meeting-updates schedules.
    So, what can i do with what i have now? (i mean with the actual Zimbra)

They can get all of those feature by using the Web UI, that would be the easiest choice for them. What about using ZD 2, that will also give them those facilities - what versions of Windows do they use and what problems have you had with ZD?
    Regards

Bill

Wow... You are very fast with your answers! many thanks!

Yes, i know: one of the options is that they can use the web UI, but unfortunately there is not so many space on the server for all of them to let their e-mails on the server.

The second option i thought about was indeed regarding the Zimbra Desktop: changing the MS programs with ZD2.
    I downloaded the day before yesterday the the ZD2 and i installed it. But perhaps i didn't configure properly?
    The ports open on the server are this:
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    25/tcp open smtp
    37/tcp open time
    81/tcp open hosts2-ns
    110/tcp open pop3
    111/tcp open rpcbind
    143/tcp open imap
    465/tcp open smtps
    587/tcp open submission
    993/tcp open imaps
    995/tcp open pop3s
    but....when i try to setup ZD 2 using Zimbra as Account Type it is asking me about port 443 on SSL, and like you see there is no 443 open.( "Cannot connect to "https://85.120.179.39/service/soap/". Please check host/port and network connectivity. "
    And as IMAP or POP3 i guess i cannot update calendar etc..right?

i managed to make it work I put it on port 81 with None security and it works

i stations are mostly WIN XP and Win vista.

Hi,

I'm not sure if you ever found the connector, but I noticed that the link was different to ours... Have you tried looking here:
    http://yourserver/downloads/index.html
    https://yourserver/downloads/index.html
    Instead of https://yourserver/zimbra/downloads/index.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Grant