Thread: Zimbra Connection Setting Mismatch

Default Zimbra Connection Setting Mismatch

Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2007, ZCO 5.1GA. Has worked for some time, today started getting this error. Have tried various options within ZCO (secure, not secure, no proxy etc). Have uninstalled and repaired ZCO. Still get error. There are several users on same LAN working fine.

Any thoughts?

Kirby
    Attached Images Attached Images

This message can be displayed if your server gets restarted or if you are on an unreliable network. How is your machine connected tothe network?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default Same Issue on Robust Network

I'm having the same issue with one of our clients on an XP machine. We are on a very robust network, and none of our other users are experiencing this difficulty.

This one user has incredibly large mailboxes, with tens of thousands of messages, which may play a part in these connection errors.

However, everything appears to be fully synced at this point, and every time we run Send/Receive, the Zimbra status gets to Processing 75% and then dies with this error, even if there are no new messages to pull down from the server.

We can reproduce this every time.

System in question is on 100Mb ethernet, going over a 54Mb wireless connection. There are dozens of users on same network - none with any Zimbra or other network related issues. Server is not restarted. Perhaps there may be an issue with local NIC but all other network services are reportedly OK.

Default Sending large attachments

I'm getting this same message and have opened a case with support but have not received a reply.

We're testing the upgrade from our current 4.5.6 to 5.0.2.

Setup:
    Using the connector provided by 5.0.2 on XP Professional SP2, Office 2003 SP3 (all updates installed)
    Our server is configured to reject mail with attachments over 15000kb (Set in global settings - MTA tab)

When a user tries to send a message using the Outlook connector with an attachment too large - the message starts sending (with the progress indicator showing how many MB have been sent) and when it reaches the attachment limit, the user receives an error from outlook:

Window Title:Zimbra Connection Setting Mismatch
    Text: The settings for connecting to the Zimbra server may be incorrect. Please verify that they are correct. A common cause of this error is an incorrect value for Use Secure Connection. Outlook will be set to Offline Mode.

The message is not sent. It remains in the Outbox. Outlook is set to Offline Mode. When the user sets Outlook back to Online - the message again tries to send and fails again when it gets to the attachment limit with the same error message.

Other messages send with attachments under the limit successfully.

We can restore Outlook's functionality if we delete the message in the outbox AND empty the trash while offline - then restart Outlook and switch back to 'online'.

is there a bug filed on this?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default bug filed?

No bug has been filed that I know of yet. I couldn't find one.

I wasn't sure if it was something specific to my test setup or server or what.

Looks like it's happening elsewhere though - I feel better and worse at the same time.

i can repro this also. Looks like the server now whacks the connection as soon as the upload limit is reached. Please file a bug and PM me the bug number and your support case number. We can patch and get you an updated build right away.
    Sam Khavari

Default Bug 24740

I filed a bug 24740

Thanks for the quick reply.

I opened a support case 2 days ago and haven't received a reply yet - looks like I'll start out in the forums next time.

the support team kicks major butt, you can find plenty of evidence of that on the forums.
    Sam Khavari