Thread: using outlook's filtering system rather than zimbra's with zimbra5 connector

Default using outlook's filtering system rather than zimbra's with zimbra5 connector

Hello,

It seems like Outlook's built in filtering system no longer works with Zimbra5. I have some users that prefer Outlook's filtering rather than Zimbra's (both the webmail and OL versions). However, it seems like when I add filters to Outlook's rules it doesn't actually work. I know the filters are correct because if I tell it to manually run they work fine. Unfortunately, new mail does not get filtered. Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

Default Outlook filtering

I assume you have some rules that were created with 4.5 using the web client? It's possible that you have some rules that aren't syncing to the server correctly. We sync them all at the same time, and if one of the rules is bad, it could prevent all of them from syncing correctly.

Can you enable logging (make sure Http logging is enabled) and post the log files? If this is the case, perhaps I could identify the rule or rules that are messing up the server.

There is a bug on this -- 24738.

Default Outlook filtering

Are talking about the original Outlook filterting (Tools -> Rules and Alerts) as opposed to Tools -> Zimbra Server Rules)? I don't think Tools -> Rules and Alerts ever worked with the Zimbra Server.

I am talking about the original Outlook filtering. The original used to work with Zimbra. It didn't sync and so the rules required Outlook to be running to function, but they worked! My user doesn't care if they don't sync to the server.

outlook rules have never worked with ZCO unless you 'run rules now', which still works.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I beg to differ. It used to work prior to zimbra5.

This was filed as a bug per a support ticket - Bug 25350 - RFE: Option to choose between Outlook filter and Zimbra filter