Thread: Zimbra fails to synch Outlook 2003

Default Zimbra fails to synch Outlook 2003

Howdy, Hope someone migh have some suggestions

Had to reinstall Outlook 2003 on my dell laptop (XP professional OS) and reinstalled the latest Zimbra connector. Mail settings match what I have on my office PC (which synchs fine) and I use port 443. However, the newly installed Zimbra connector on laptop continously fails to synchronize. GAL uploads just fine, and I can send, but I can not reliably synch with the Zimbra suite reliably. Only error message I can see is "Out of Service" in the diagnostic box

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with same results

Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks -Dave B

Welcome to the forum.

Could you setup the ZCO in order to create some logs ?

See here : Outlook Troubleshooting Options - Zimbra :: Wiki

Thanks fo the suggestions and the Wiki link I'll try

OK... I've enabled logging Now what? Thanks -DSB

Force some sync from Outlook then post your log either here or open a case by Zimbra's support and send them the log.

OK Thanks again (and thx, too, for your kind welcome!) -Dave B

OK.... I've attached the log. There's a lot of stuff that's ay beyond my skill! Any interpretation/help would be greatly appreciated (Had to truncate it as full file size exceeded this forum's attachment limit -Dave B
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like this is the problem:
    Code:
    01-03-2008 15:11:02 [2864]: ERROR: Zimbra::Sync::SaxHandlers::SyncSAXHandler::DownloadCreateMessage - Response is error message:
    <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - </h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Exception report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.</u></p><p><b>exception</b> <pre>javax.servlet.ServletException: system failure: missing blob for id: 36473, change: 39067
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.doGet(UserServlet.java:297)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:162)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    </pre></p><p><b>root cause</b> <pre>com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: missing blob for id: 36473, change: 39067
    	com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:175)
    	com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob(MailItem.java:716)
    	com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.fetchFromStore(MessageCache.java:226)
    	com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getItemContent(MessageCache.java:119)
    	com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getRawContent(MessageCache.java:146)
    	com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getRawMessage(Message.java:257)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.SyncFormatter.handleMessage(SyncFormatter.java:132)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.SyncFormatter.formatCallback(SyncFormatter.java:107)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.Formatter$FormatOperation.callback(Formatter.java:246)
    	com.zimbra.cs.operation.Operation.schedule(Operation.java:190)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:87)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.doAuthGet(UserServlet.java:380)
    	com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.doGet(UserServlet.java:289)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:162)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    </pre></p><p><b>note</b> <u>The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 logs.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.15</h3></body></html>
    Can you get the mailbox.log from the server? Have you had any hardware issues, disk checks or permissions issues lately?

Hey jholder - thanks so much for taking the time to look at the code. I fo appreciate it!

I can probably copy over the file from the server at the office, or from my office PC (I use both to synch with zimbra).

No other permission issues, other than a re-install of my AVG firewall/virus software. I sometimes have to disable the AVG firewall in order to attach my laptop to our two servers behind office firewall (too many walls, I guess) and wondered if that might be part of the problem.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted. It appears a lot of folks have been looking at our discussion thread! <flattering, eh?>