Thread: Strange behaviour in Outlook 2003

Default Strange behaviour in Outlook 2003

Hi Guys,

I am not sure this is even a Zimbra problem but thought I'd ask for some advice.

The Boss is moaning at me about his Email!

Only one other employee has had this issue and both of them are using Outlook 2003 SBE with SP2 in XP Pro with SP4, we are running Zimbra 4.5.9 NE on CentOS4. We are also using Panda Antivirus on each PC which also protects Outlook. We have other Outlook Users who have not had this error.

Very occasionally, when sending a mail strange things happen to it for these Users, either half of the body of the email is missing or an attachement goes astray!
    For example the Boss sent two attachments in one mail using Outlook 2003 to a customer, a power presentation and an excel doc. The PPT arrived but not the excel doc! He sent the same message to another address and it worked fine!
    He also sent this message to an internal user who opened it in Zimbra instead of Outlook with the same result, no excel and half the body text missing.

I'll type no more about this until I hear that it could be to do with the Outlook connector or Zimbra in case I'm wasting both my own and other forum members time.
    So, has anyone experienced something similar or am I barking up completely the wrong tree?

Thanks
    Russ

Verify you do not have AVG Antivirus and if so deactivate the mail filtering from it.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I don't have AVG, haven't used it for years however Panda does also filter mail and plugs into Outlook.

Do I really need to use a third-party Antivrus program on the Workstations to check mail when a Zimbra server is installed? Am I safe enough just relying on ClamAV? The only problem possibly would be for POP3 accounts we might have set up as these will bypass Zimbra ClamAV won't they?

Thanks again

Russ

Hi,

Im encountering the same problem. Occasionally e-mails are half sent.

does anyone knows what is causing this problem?

Hi,

glad to heard it's not just me!

I have never found the answer to this.

We upgraded tfrom 4.5.10 to 5.0.9 to try and clear it but still get it, tried without a Virus checker installed on the PC with no luck.
    I think it only happens in Outlook. Have tried on both 2003 and 2007, does it on both!

Trouble is, it's really erratic so very hard to pin down and sometimes even the half-message looks complete so some people just don't notice!

Thought it might be attachments or using HTML signatures but as I said, very hard to pin down as it doesn't happen often!

If you find out what causes it please let me know

Good Luck

Russ