Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: ZCO stops syncing

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    All logs you posted is for SearchProtocolHost. That is process of WindowsDesktop Search. And actually there is no real sync.
    We prefer logs from Outlook running. If Outlook logs is missing that may mean that Outlook was not restarted after enabling logs or there can be shutdown problems.
    Regards
    Henry

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    this is a good one
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marten View Post
    this is a good one
    I have very little clues on how to debug the logs. Any insight from the devs?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    According to the logs everything is ok.
    Sync requests are sent properly and responses are also received properly.
    I noticed 1 new downloaded message.

    Also I noticed old shutdown problem but it is already fixed.
    Regards
    Henry

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    According to the logs everything is ok.
    Sync requests are sent properly and responses are also received properly.
    I noticed 1 new downloaded message.

    Also I noticed old shutdown problem but it is already fixed.
    Ok, I will continue to try to replicate the issue on my three machines. It is a **** of an issue since it can't be replicated easily.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm also having the same problem. I'll occasionally get a report from a user saying that Outlook stopped getting emails. Outlook is still in "online" mode, and new emails are visible in the web client. However, Outlook doesn't show any of them. Send/Receive claims that it was successful.

    I've been instructing them to enable logging, but I've yet to be informed of an occurrence whilst logging is enabled.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Just had another user report this problem... unfortunately I have yet to repro this issue again.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yet another... seems like this only happens on machines where logging is <b>not</b> enabled.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Ya gotta love Outlook

    I long for someone to pickup the the Evolution Connector project.
    Outlook was designed for MS Op Sys / MS Exchange Server, with no regards for any interoperability. (Do I sound opinionated)

    I've had several issues with Outlook and I actually look at Outlook itself as the culprit before blaming anything else.


    outlook 2007 AND send receive errors - Google Search

    yields only 1,320,000 hits.
    Last edited by dwill; 03-31-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: missing url

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwill View Post
    I long for someone to pickup the the Evolution Connector project.
    Outlook was designed for MS Op Sys / MS Exchange Server, with no regards for any interoperability. (Do I sound opinionated)

    I've had several issues with Outlook and I actually look at Outlook itself as the culprit before blaming anything else.


    outlook 2007 AND send receive errors - Google Search

    yields only 1,320,000 hits.
    I'm certain that is is not just Outlook.

    Outlook may play a part in it, but it is not the only piece. We had an office using a separate mail server... Exchange to be exact, and Outlook 2007 never had one issue with Exchange. However, upon switching to Zimbra, they encounter this problem on a semi-regular basis. I'm kind of in a bind because I am authorized to turn on logging on their machines... only my own, and the problem seems to disappear with logging enabled.

Similar Threads

  1. Failure importing .PST (Stops Import Dead)
    By Popasmurf in forum Migration
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 03:56 AM
  2. Outlook 2003 errors with ZCO
    By globalstorm in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. Problems syncing using Windows Mobile 6
    By greenrenault in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Zimbra not syncing properly with Address Book and iCal
    By Colin Day in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
  5. ZCO fails after upgrade to 4.5
    By awbecker in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •