Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can not find "Zimbra Server Configuration Settings" dialog box

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    7

    Unhappy Can not find "Zimbra Server Configuration Settings" dialog box

    I installed ZCO on a PC. I run Outlook 2007. I do not see the "Zimbra Server Configuration Settings" dialog box after I launch Outlook.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I installed ZCO on a PC. I run Outlook 2007. I do not see the "Zimbra Server Configuration Settings" dialog box after I launch Outlook.
    The installer will create a profile called "Zimbra".
    Did you select that profile when Outlook started? If not, do you have Outlook to start automatically with another profile?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    The installer will create a profile called "Zimbra".
    Did you select that profile when Outlook started? If not, do you have Outlook to start automatically with another profile?
    I was in the middle of creating a mail account (Control Panel -> Mail -> Add Email account) when I installed ZCO. Outlook showed up the account setting page when I just started it. I had to cancel the adding account process. I do not see any profile/account in the Control Panel -> Mail dialog box and my Oulook does not go anywhere after I run it. Should I re-install ZCO?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I was in the middle of creating a mail account (Control Panel -> Mail -> Add Email account) when I installed ZCO. Outlook showed up the account setting page when I just started it. I had to cancel the adding account process. I do not see any profile/account in the Control Panel -> Mail dialog box and my Oulook does not go anywhere after I run it. Should I re-install ZCO?
    the safest thing to do would be to reopen the control panel mail applet again and see if it is still empty. if there is a "Zimbra" profile, you can delete it.
    then try to uninstall/install ZCO again and you should be fine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Tried to change the profile, it is hang.

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    the safest thing to do would be to reopen the control panel mail applet again and see if it is still empty. if there is a "Zimbra" profile, you can delete it.
    then try to uninstall/install ZCO again and you should be fine.
    I re-installed ZCO and can see the zimbra profile in the control panel mail applet now. But when I tried to change it, it is hang. See attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I re-installed ZCO and can see the zimbra profile in the control panel mail applet now. But when I tried to change it, it is hang. See attached picture.
    what happens when you create a brand new profile?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    what happens when you create a brand new profile?
    I tried to created a new account. I could see Zimbra has become an option. But Outlook disallowed me to create such an account because I already had one. I tried to delete the existing profile. I received an error and could not delete it. See attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I tried to created a new account. I could see Zimbra has become an option. But Outlook disallowed me to create such an account because I already had one. I tried to delete the existing profile. I received an error and could not delete it. See attached picture.
    I'm a bit unclear about what is going on but you need to select the "other" radio box and select the Zimbra Collaboration Server service in this profile that you are trying to create.

    If you have any other issues, maybe you should contact support and then to walk through it with you.

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
  2. Installation Problem - Possibly LDAP
    By geroshea in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 04:47 AM
  3. Intallation on FC5
    By rsharpe in forum Installation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 05:15 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
  5. Authenticating to the LDAP
    By jasonwillis in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •