Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZCS and Zimbra Server Rules

Question ZCS and Zimbra Server Rules

Is there anyway to add NEW "From Email Address" field filter in the Zimbra Server Rules for ZCS? The option menu only gives me Select and Remove of current email addresses I added through the webmail interface, but not directly through Outlook 2007's ZCS... Strangely I could add new values in for other field filters such as "Subject" headings...

Also apparently I am getting Zimbra Server Rules that are not sticking with the Server Mail Filters, even after several syncs...

If you click Select, you get the Select users dialog box. Then you can click on a name, then the From button, then OK. This will add it.

If things aren't syncing between the server and ZCO, perhaps you have a bad rule. How many rules do you have? Do none of them sync? You can enable logging and send us the logs. Or you can delete rules 1 by 1 to see which is the bad one. Of course you would have to recreate them again.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    If you click Select, you get the Select users dialog box. Then you can click on a name, then the From button, then OK. This will add it.

If things aren't syncing between the server and ZCO, perhaps you have a bad rule. How many rules do you have? Do none of them sync? You can enable logging and send us the logs. Or you can delete rules 1 by 1 to see which is the bad one. Of course you would have to recreate them again.
    Actually that's where I'm getting a problem - if I click on the Select button, I get a message box saying "Can't Find Global Address List". Which doesn't make any sense because I thought Outlook already processed the GAL...

What is your exact error message? Is it "Failed to find Zimbra Global Address List in Address book"? And what version of Zimbra Connection for Outlook are you using?

What is your exact error message? Is it "Failed to find Zimbra Global Address List in Address book"? And what version of Zimbra Connection for Outlook are you using?
    Using ZCS 5.0.3 - let me get the exact word-for-word error...

Here's the full error message after pushing "Select":

Zimbra Address Book Error - Failed to find Zimbra Global Address List in Address book

Pretty weird. Did this just start happening or did this always happen? This means we can't find the name "Global Address List" in your list of Address Book containers.

What happens if you try to share a folder (right click on a folder, Properties, Sharing, Add)? Does the same thing happen?

Could be our bug, but sounds like a config problem.

We are getting same error with outlook 2007 and version 5.0.2

This is also related to not being able to make a contact folder avail as an address book.

The fix to bug 24407 (in 5.0.5) makes Contacts available as an address book.

The fix to bug 24407 (in 5.0.5) makes Contacts available as an address book.
    Thanks for the info - will be updating to 5.0.5 soon.

Can one simply run the 5.0.5 setup file over an older version to update it (or is a complete uninstall of older versions necessary)?