Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Zimbra Outlook Connector License Failure

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Zimbra Outlook Connector License Failure

    Hello-

    This morning we started to have some issues with the Outlook Connector on all of our client machines that is preventing sending/receiveing. Upon opening Outlook we get an error that says "Zimbra Outlook Connector License Failure" "Your Server's license has expired. The Server will not allow message downloads or sends. You may continue to access your local data."

    I have verified, our server's license has not expired, and we have not exceeded our allowed users.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks!

    -Justin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playnada View Post
    Hello-

    This morning we started to have some issues with the Outlook Connector on all of our client machines that is preventing sending/receiveing. Upon opening Outlook we get an error that says "Zimbra Outlook Connector License Failure" "Your Server's license has expired. The Server will not allow message downloads or sends. You may continue to access your local data."

    I have verified, our server's license has not expired, and we have not exceeded our allowed users.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks!

    -Justin
    can you enabled zco logging and send us the logs?
    the logs will indicate what the server is returning as a response to the check license request.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    The issue has been resolved. As it turns out, we had a number of accounts that were marked as "closed" that apparently count against your number of licensed users. After adding a new account this morning it put us over our 75 licensed users. So I deleted some of the "closed" accounts and it seems to be working now.

    I will be opening a bug for this as Zimbra should provide a better mechanism for accounting for number of licenses, and "closed" accounts should not count against your number of licenses.

    Thanks anyways for your help!

    -Justin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playnada View Post
    The issue has been resolved. As it turns out, we had a number of accounts that were marked as "closed" that apparently count against your number of licensed users. After adding a new account this morning it put us over our 75 licensed users. So I deleted some of the "closed" accounts and it seems to be working now.

    I will be opening a bug for this as Zimbra should provide a better mechanism for accounting for number of licenses, and "closed" accounts should not count against your number of licenses.

    Thanks anyways for your help!

    -Justin
    sounds good. thanks for the find.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playnada View Post
    I will be opening a bug for this as Zimbra should provide a better mechanism for accounting for number of licenses, and "closed" accounts should not count against your number of licenses.
    For 5.0.6: Bug 26499 - Error message in Outlook when number of mailboxes breach the number of licensed mailboxes

    Closed account status wasn't originally intended to not count against licenses:

    Closed - When a mailbox status is closed, the login is disabled, and messages are bounced. This status is used to soft-delete an account before deleting the account from the server. A closed account does not change the account license.

    Locked - When a mailbox status is locked, the user cannot log in, but mail is still delivered to the account. The locked status can be set, if you suspect that a mail account has been hacked or is being used in an unauthorized manner.

    Someone opened Bug 24919 - Extra Account Status (Left the company) but they didn't direct the RFE towards not counting in licenses. Infact, with that they wanted to allow incoming emails (essentially a locked) but just make it easier for them to navigate in the admin console.

    In testing you might also hit Bug 24009 - deleted accounts don't update license count till server restart

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, ACT
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    9

    Smile We were caught out by this bug today

    In testing you might also hit Bug 24009 - deleted accounts don't update license count till server restart
    We were caught out by this bug today - looking forward to the fix.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, ACT
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Workaround

    FYI: Just found out that if you wait for 1 to 5 minutes then Zimbra clears the cache and resolves the problem itself, without requiring a Zimbra restart.

    In practice, we waited 24 hrs before testing again and it worked without a restart.
    Last edited by greenrenault; 01-12-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Major Issue - 5.0RC2 NE to 5.0GA NE failed
    By DougWare in forum Installation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
  2. Cleanup after many upgrades
    By tobru in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:21 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Error Installing Zimbra on RHEL 5
    By harris7139 in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
  5. dspam logrotate errors
    By michaeln in forum Users
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •