Possible solution for outlook connector and Outlook 2007 problem installation
Whilst trying to install the outlook connector I encountered numberous problems ranging from profile not being created, unable to load LSMSSP.DLL, Error(127), PST File Path Prepend to your PATH environment the directory containing the mspst32.dll installed with Outlook.
By searching through the forum I found numerous topics which suggests different solutions. I have pieced together other peoples suggestions which I found relevant.
Anyway shown below is a step by step breakdown of what I did to get it to install correctly for me.
Doing the above gave me a new profile for my Zimbra account and everything worked fine.
- Search for the following file on your system MSPST32.DLL
My search showed the file in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\
- If your search doesn't find the file in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\msmapi\1033\ copy the file that was found into this folder (create any folders you need to ensure the path is as stated).
- Add the 2 paths shown above, or returned by your search, to the Environment variables
- To do this go to Start Menu, Select Control Pane, Select System, Click the Advanced tab. At bottom of page click Environment Variables button. Window will show an area with various variables. Find the variable PATH. Click on it and then click the Edit button at the bottom of the page. Page will now show an input field with other things in it. Scroll to the end and add a ; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033; C:\Program Files\Common Files\msmapi
(Please note I have placed the paths above that were found in my search)
- Browse to the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\ and ensure that the only file in the directory is a file called MSMAPI32.DLL (If you have any other files in there create a new directory and move them into the newly created directory for safe keeping)
- Install the outlook-connector (I used ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.5_GA_2199_5.0.2580.5.msi) and follow the instructions.
I hope the above helps somebody out.