Thread: The Newest Zimbra Connector

Default The Newest Zimbra Connector

Hey all,

I've been told that I can get the newest Connector (5.06x) from the Support area despite the fact that I currently run Zimbra 5.05. Is this true? I'm having trouble finding the newest connector, despite being a registered Zimbra Network Edition user.

Am I missing something? Is the newest connector not available to existing users unless they upgrade?

Thanks for any help,
    Bernardo

Bernardo,

You don't necessarily want to be running the newest connector. You'll want to be running the connector written for your version of Zimbra. You can find that at http(s)://yourservername/zimbra/downloads/index.html

y@w,

I don't necessarily want to be running the connector that comes with my version of Zimbra either. The 5.05 connector that we run here is rife with problems that all go away when we downgrade to the 4.5 Connector. And while downgrading is an option for most people, there are a few vista consoles with office 2007 that we support, and 4.5 just won't cut it. So we deploy 5.05 and the problems continue to mount up.

I've been told that most of the issues I've been having are solved in the 5.06 connector, which is where my search began. Perhaps there is another way?

Bernardo

Ah, I see. It is in the Zimbra support portal under the "Utilities and Beta Downloads" section.