Thread: Problems REMOVING Zimbra Connector

At home :-). In a country which has 6 national languages and a gazillion dialects.

Default Problems REMOVING Zimbra Connector

Outlook refuses to start after the Zimbra connector has been uninstalled, and a full re-install does not appear to address the issue. So much for a clean uninstall.

"An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the infirmation service LMMSSP.DLL"

I would welcome an idea where Outlook picks this up so I can get rid of this menace..
    Release: 5.0.18 Commercially hosted

Quote Originally Posted by cheros View Post
    Outlook refuses to start after the Zimbra connector has been uninstalled, and a full re-install does not appear to address the issue. So much for a clean uninstall.

"An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the infirmation service LMMSSP.DLL"

I would welcome an idea where Outlook picks this up so I can get rid of this menace..
    go to the mail applet in the control panel and make sure that a "zimbra" profile is not the default profile used when outlook is launched. i would set it to ask you for a profile every time you launch outlook.

--tony

At home :-). In a country which has 6 national languages and a gazillion dialects.

Excellent, I just found that hidden feature in Windows by Googling for "totally clean install of Outlook".

I guess that's a worthy of a bug report: "uninstall of Zimbra connector leaves a mess". I can see that it's worth leaving it in place for a re-install, but there should be at least the question in the uninstall if Outlook is to be restored to "prior-to-Zimbra" state..

As far as I can tell from digging through the system for where all of this hides, Outlook isn't so much a program as an infestation..

Thanks!
    Release: 5.0.18 Commercially hosted