Thread: [SOLVED] "mapi" ?

Default [SOLVED] "mapi" ?

Hi,
    We're using ZCO, currently still on ZCS 5.0.2, have Outlook 2007 with the connector installed.

We're working with some 3rd party software that is supposed to send email for different fuctions via "MAPI". Without knowing a whole lot of other details about the 3rd party software, is this something that we can assume will work? The software vendor apparently has the mindset that everyone in the world is using an Exchange server, but should ZCO translate whatever it's doing into Zimbra?

Quote Originally Posted by zaf View Post
    Hi,
    We're using ZCO, currently still on ZCS 5.0.2, have Outlook 2007 with the connector installed.

We're working with some 3rd party software that is supposed to send email for different fuctions via "MAPI". Without knowing a whole lot of other details about the 3rd party software, is this something that we can assume will work? The software vendor apparently has the mindset that everyone in the world is using an Exchange server, but should ZCO translate whatever it's doing into Zimbra?
    it should as long as you use the right profile (zimbra profile). we had a bug a while back and i think that you are going to see it in 5.0.2 so you should upgrade to the latest if you are running ZCS 5.0.7 or greater or else upgrade to 5.0.6. please get 5.0.6 from support because we have some special builds that fix a couple of crashers that we found in the original 5.0.6 release.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    it should as long as you use the right profile (zimbra profile). we had a bug a while back and i think that you are going to see it in 5.0.2 so you should upgrade to the latest if you are running ZCS 5.0.7 or greater or else upgrade to 5.0.6. please get 5.0.6 from support because we have some special builds that fix a couple of crashers that we found in the original 5.0.6 release.
    Thanks for the response. Are these bugs you're mentioning specifically pertaining to MAPI from external apps, or just in general? I plan to upgrade ASAP, but not until we can take the downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by zaf View Post
    Thanks for the response. Are these bugs you're mentioning specifically pertaining to MAPI from external apps, or just in general? I plan to upgrade ASAP, but not until we can take the downtime.
    yeah..there was one bug that was specific to sending mail from an external app. i believe there was a timing issue that doesn't exist within outlook but we fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    yeah..there was one bug that was specific to sending mail from an external app. i believe there was a timing issue that doesn't exist within outlook but we fixed it.
    Thanks, updating fixed the problem of external apps not sending!