Thread: [SOLVED] Outlook 2007 keeps closing

Default [SOLVED] Outlook 2007 keeps closing

Hi,
    My school just switched mail systems and we're now using Zimbra. I had to install Connector for Outlook (I'm uysing Vista), but now, every time I start Outlook, I need to light a candle and say a prayer...Outlook shuts down on its own, and I have to restart at least a half dozen times, if not more, to get it to open and stay open. And when it does open, I get the little bubble on the System Tray that tells me that Outlook has to check a file for errors, as it was not closed properly. My support folks don't really know what to tell me except to reformat my hard drive (nice, huh?).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I searched the forums and could not find a thread on this topic.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

AZF713

Quote Originally Posted by azf713 View Post
    Hi,
    My school just switched mail systems and we're now using Zimbra. I had to install Connector for Outlook (I'm uysing Vista), but now, every time I start Outlook, I need to light a candle and say a prayer...Outlook shuts down on its own, and I have to restart at least a half dozen times, if not more, to get it to open and stay open. And when it does open, I get the little bubble on the System Tray that tells me that Outlook has to check a file for errors, as it was not closed properly. My support folks don't really know what to tell me except to reformat my hard drive (nice, huh?).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I searched the forums and could not find a thread on this topic.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

AZF713
    do you have any dump files in %temp%\zco-cores

it sounds like outlook is crashing.

I'll have my son take a look..it's actually his computer, and we dropped him off at school yesterday. It is strange, though, that Outlook was working fine until we did this installation. That's when it all started coming apart. I'll see if he has any files in the directory you mentioned, and I'll have him send them to me if there are any. If he does have files there, where/how should I post them to you? Thanks! Z
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by azf713; 08-26-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: I have attachments to add

Just a followup...we reinstalled the Zimbra Connect package on the laptop, and it appears that all is now working well...thanks for the help to this point!