Thread: [SOLVED] Retrieving data from the zdb.

Default [SOLVED] Retrieving data from the zdb.

Is there any way to migrate data stored by Connector without having a Zimbra account anywhere nor a Connector installer?

So my boss had us evaluate Zimbra and Connector using a hosted Zimbra provider. Everything worked, but for silly reasons we didn't go with the hosting company.

He loved outlook so much that he started using it for all his contacts and calender. About 1500 contacts. The problem was all the data was being stored by the Zimbra connector. Both the storage and my boss still using outlook were both unknown to me.

When the hosting company cut off the evaluation accounts, the Connector Wizard kept coming up and would not let my boss use outlook if he canceled out of it.

My solution was to uninstall Connector, but now he can't access his data.

Now this is my problem. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterbrain View Post
    Is there any way to migrate data stored by Connector without having a Zimbra account anywhere nor a Connector installer?

So my boss had us evaluate Zimbra and Connector using a hosted Zimbra provider. Everything worked, but for silly reasons we didn't go with the hosting company.

He loved outlook so much that he started using it for all his contacts and calender. About 1500 contacts. The problem was all the data was being stored by the Zimbra connector. Both the storage and my boss still using outlook were both unknown to me.

When the hosting company cut off the evaluation accounts, the Connector Wizard kept coming up and would not let my boss use outlook if he canceled out of it.

My solution was to uninstall Connector, but now he can't access his data.

Now this is my problem. :-p

once you find the zdb, you can open it in outlook as a PST even if ZCO is not installed. it will have all the data in there.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    once you find the zdb, you can open it in outlook as a PST even if ZCO is not installed. it will have all the data in there.
    "The file you chose is not an outlook data file. Please choose another file"

No success, thanks for the try though.

Renamed the extension and it worked GREAT.

Thanks!