Thread: Selecting Sync Folders

Default Selecting Sync Folders

My boss uses his laptop to connect to zimbra via a wireless connection. He also receives a ton of spam that ends up in his Junk folder.

My question is: "Is there a way to exclude the Junk folder from the syncronization process?"

I seem to remember an option somewhere that allowed me to select folders but I do not remember where I saw it or even if it applied to the connector.

If anyone has an answer, it would save me and my boss a ton of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by GCamp View Post
    My boss uses his laptop to connect to zimbra via a wireless connection. He also receives a ton of spam that ends up in his Junk folder.

My question is: "Is there a way to exclude the Junk folder from the syncronization process?"

I seem to remember an option somewhere that allowed me to select folders but I do not remember where I saw it or even if it applied to the connector.

If anyone has an answer, it would save me and my boss a ton of frustration.
    there was never a ZCO that allowed you to choose which folder you wanted to sync. you might be thinking of outlook express via IMAP or something.
    that being said, does your boss only use outlook? if that is the case, I don't know if you want to eliminate syncing of the spam folder since there could be non-spam there from time to time.

Thanks for your reply Anthony.

I remembered that the Zimbra Desktop allows you to select which folders to sync but this will not help my situation.
    I also discovered that I can limit the number of junk emails to whatever comes in during a time frame by setting the Junk mail purge interval. If I set it to 1 day then everything older than 1 day will be purged. This interval was choosen to allow the Spamassassin to train on spam.