Thread: Uninstalling Zimbra test

Default Uninstalling Zimbra test

I'm having a few issues trying to get Zimbra test (we're evaluating) to run concurrently w/our existing IMAP mail. Installing the connector nuked everything (which is OK , since IMAP!) but removing I started receiving startup errors because there was prob no default PST file. So I wanted to go back to my orig IMAP setting. Now on Outlook 2k7 start I get an error:

"Addin Zimbra Client Extension sharingaddin.dll cannot be loaded and has been disabled by outlook. Pls contact the addin mfr for update. if no update is available pls uninstall the add-in"

I dont see any Zimbra entries in Regedit that look add-on related.

How do I do that, exactly?
    Last edited by sheepbernie; 10-09-2008 at 09:04 AM.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, exactly. Are you trying to uninstall the Outlook connector, or did you already do that? Are you just trying to get rid of the addin?

Or you just want to delete the Zimbra profile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to do, exactly. Are you trying to uninstall the Outlook connector, or did you already do that? Are you just trying to get rid of the addin?

Or you just want to delete the Zimbra profile?

Thanks

Trying to uninstall Zimbra... did that, but the addin error keeps appearing.

Is the Zimbra profile still there in Outlook? If it is, delete that. Also, what happens if in Outlook, you do Tools->Trust Center->Add-ins? If it is there, you can try to remove it. In the Manage dropdown, make sure COM Add-ins appears, and hit Go... Remove the Zimbra Sharing Addin.

Not sure if it will work. It sounds like your uninstall didn't go quite right. Did you get any errors?

You may end up having to run the Microsoft cleanup tool.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Is the Zimbra profile still there in Outlook? If it is, delete that. Also, what happens if in Outlook, you do Tools->Trust Center->Add-ins? If it is there, you can try to remove it. In the Manage dropdown, make sure COM Add-ins appears, and hit Go... Remove the Zimbra Sharing Addin.

Not sure if it will work. It sounds like your uninstall didn't go quite right. Did you get any errors?

You may end up having to run the Microsoft cleanup tool.
    Zimbra is no longer in Email Accts... I think removing it from Exchange Client extensions did the trick though. Thanks! Didnt know even to look there.