Thread: Replying/forwarding mail sent to Outlook personas

Threaded View

Unhappy Replying/forwarding mail sent to Outlook personas

I've designated one of the email address personas I've set up in Zimbra as the "Outlook identity", so that all replies I send will use that email address, EXCEPT When replying or forwarding messages sent to one of the email address personas I've set up, in which case the email address will be that of the persona (I've used the options in the Zimbra web client persona preferences to activate this behaviour). Up until the Zimbra server/connector upgrades 5.0.7+, this setup worked perfectly: replied or forwarded email went out as if originating from one of my email addresses it was originally sent to, and the Outlook message reply composition form had a grey background strip message just above the Subject and To fields indicating "This message will be sent from xyz@example.com", where xyz@example.com was one of my addresses the original email was sent to.

Now all that no longer works: replies to messages sent to one of my email address personas just originate from whatever I've designated as my "Outlook identity", as the aforementioned message on the reply message composition form never appears.

Was just a fluke that this feature originally worked with the Outlook connector (actually one of the principal reasons I switched to Zimbra), or is this feature something that I should expect to work in the Outlook connector?
    Last edited by mjdl; 10-16-2008 at 03:40 PM.