Thread: Personas just don't work any longer (5.0.9)

Angry Personas just don't work any longer (5.0.9)

Personas used to work in the following way on both the AJAX Web client and the Outlook connector (in my case, Outlook 2003 SP3 w/ all current MS updates): I had a number of external POP accounts defined as well as corresponding personas (identical "From" specified in both external account and persona definitions, the latter so that I have something in the drop-down "From" list on the web client), and in every case, replying in Zimbra to an email fetched from one of those external accounts would automatically set the "From" address of the reply to the one specified in the relevant persona and/or external account definition; no specific "Reply-To" header needed to be set. Very convenient mail management feature, especially if you have multiple email accounts and don't want to leak your other email addresses to a recipient, but after my Zimbra provider upgraded past 5.0.6, it no longer worked. I've done all the usual things my email: downgraded the connector, upgraded the connector, each time synchronizing a completely new Zimbra connector local store.

These automatic features of personas and external accounts no longer work; my Zimbra provider can't understand why.

Can anybody suggest local and server-side avenues to resolving these problems? Using Zimbra to manage multiple email accounts is a major feature for me.

Hi,

we have the same or at least similar problem. With 5.0.10 and 5.0.9 we doe not get persona at all in Outlook.

Thanks for confirming this problem: I was beginning to believe that I was the only person experiencing it.

I really wish I could restore Zimbra's approach to handling multiple mail accounts in the way I describe in my original post.

This sounds like Bug 33388 - Send as persona is broken currently targeted for 5.0.12 (please see if your log errors match).

I won't be able to analyze this over the coming holiday weeks; I'll do so after the New Year.

Per Mike's comment, has anyone tested this with 5.0.12 yet? Personas work fine for me in the Zimbra webmail UI and in Zimbra Desktop, but I can't for my life get it to work in Outlook.

Default Update: Personas still not working in 5.0.12

Hoping that 5.0.12 would solve the Outlook Connector problem with personas not working ... and a few other bugs ... I installed 5.0.12 last night. I also upgraded my Outlook Connector to 5.0.12. The problem with the use of personas in Outlook persists for me. Essentially, currently the personas feature in Outlook doesn't seem to do anything at this point.

I also tested the personas feature again in both web UI and Zimbra Desktop after updating to 5.0.12 and they still work fine.

Looking at the filed bug, it only states "ASSIGNED" right now ... and not "FIXED" ...

Everyone in this thread, please vote for the bug in Bugzilla so that it gets a bit more exposure.
    Last edited by mlanner; 02-01-2009 at 12:38 PM.