Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outlook\Connector Errors

5.0.11 is out now. 5.0.12 will be out soon.

Whatever comes with the 5.0.11 Zimbra should be the latest.

I am getting the same error messages on several machines at the office. I'm using:
    Release 5.0.11_GA_2695.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 NETWORK edition

with Outlook 2007 and the ZCO version that came with 5.0.11

Any suggestions?

Is anyone gonna help us out here!! I can't take much more!!! Please!!!

Have you tried reinstalling Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling Outlook?
    ive attached 3 errors 1 of my users keep getting, ive done a complete re-install of windows and changed his laptop with no avail, ive got the 5.0.2706.9 outlook connector and 5.0.9 on the server, yet a simple restart of outlook solves all these problems, any ideas?
    Heavy Metal Ftw

Are you using some other weird addins that maybe we don't play so well with? In Outlook 2003 -- Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options->Add-In Manager. Also COM Add-Ins. Try disabling some of these and see what happens.

What about virus scanning? Sometimes AVG and things like that cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Are you using some other weird addins that maybe we don't play so well with? In Outlook 2003 -- Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options->Add-In Manager. Also COM Add-Ins. Try disabling some of these and see what happens.

What about virus scanning? Sometimes AVG and things like that cause problems.
    i looked at the add-ins options etc and found nothing that should be there not even itunes, as for anti virus we have about 100 users running F-Secure anti virus and with only this one user having this problem i dont see how it could fit in?

anythign else to try?
    Heavy Metal Ftw

JimBobCook -- not sure what else to try. There has to be one thing on this user's machine that is different. I assume that it is only this user, correct? There is some software that is interacting with Outlook, and not shutting down. That's why I suspected an add-in. You said there is nothing that shouldn't be there, but I would be interested in a list of Outlook add-ins that you do have running on that machine.

Perhaps you can send a ZCO log file when this happens. I looked at edp11's log file, and didn't see that many bad things. I did see some MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERRORs in there, which could be anything. Unfortunately, we're not doing a great job of GetLastError, which can give more info about the extended error. But maybe a JimBobCook log file could help. Perhaps a comparsion with edp11's log would give me a hint. In fact, send any log files that appear in the directory where the zco logs appear. I would love to get to the bottom of this, but right now I still need more info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    JimBobCook -- not sure what else to try. There has to be one thing on this user's machine that is different. I assume that it is only this user, correct? There is some software that is interacting with Outlook, and not shutting down. That's why I suspected an add-in. You said there is nothing that shouldn't be there, but I would be interested in a list of Outlook add-ins that you do have running on that machine.

Perhaps you can send a ZCO log file when this happens. I looked at edp11's log file, and didn't see that many bad things. I did see some MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERRORs in there, which could be anything. Unfortunately, we're not doing a great job of GetLastError, which can give more info about the extended error. But maybe a JimBobCook log file could help. Perhaps a comparsion with edp11's log would give me a hint. In fact, send any log files that appear in the directory where the zco logs appear. I would love to get to the bottom of this, but right now I still need more info.

Thanks
    I just want to comment that he's not the only one here. We have migrated to Zimbra from Exchange and find everything great if users would use the Zimbra UI -- but the connector is causing all sorts of problems for us. We have users running all types of configurations: XP/Vista, Office 2003/2007, v5.0.11/v5.0.12 -- we have had all sorts of problems ranging from Initial Delta Sync errors, Failure Messages, Calendars/Contacts/Tasks arbitrarily stopping to sync without notice, startup Outlook errors.

As an administrator, this has been very bothersome because we are helpless -- and sifting through the logs is tedious and never leads to a resolution. Clearing out the profiles / data files / e-mail accounts / reinstalling outlook & the connector often temporarily fixes the problem. But be assured, the problems persist at some capacity.

We are disparate for a private build, or some other alternative.

I, too, can't take much more of this.