Thread: RSS and Outlook

Default RSS and Outlook

Am I right to say, RSS from the Web Client is a manual 'Reload' operation? The server (or the client?) does not poll the feed source at regular intervals?

Since ZCO synchronizes folders, RSS folder content is synced from ZCS to Outlook, but there is no mechanism from Outlook to trigger a 'Reload' for those RSS folders.

But if I was even more insane than I am, I could use an RSS aggregator on Windows and subscribe to my RSS folders on ZCS.

Do I make sense?

FWIW, I really like the RSS/ATOM options for calendar, inbox, contacts. Very helpful.

RSS folders are a manual reload today, and that's not triggerable via ZCO today. You could use a feed tool to pull your feeds via Zimbra but to be honest if you have 100's of more feeds (Like I do) a feed tool is better suited for that job. The feed support in Zimbra is helpful for pulling in a couple important feeds or integrating some RSS/ATOM'able data but not intended to be *THE* RSS/ATOM aggregator to beat all others.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Indeed. Thank you.

Is it the web client accessing the remote feeds or the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarello
    Indeed. Thank you.

Is it the web client accessing the remote feeds or the server?
    Server will fetch them, create messages for each and index them like normal mail so they are fully searchable.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.