Thread: Can't we all just get along? MS Exchange and Zimbra

Hybrid View

Default Can't we all just get along? MS Exchange and Zimbra

Has anyone else had difficulty setting up Outlook 2007 to work with the zimbra connector as well as an Exchange Server account?

The client is working fine with the zimbra connector alone and even hotmail set up as IMAP but as soon as I try to add an Exchange Server account, the client is unable to negotiate the connection.

Any thoughts?

You can do it if you use two Outlook profiles.

Not sure if that's a good solution for you or not..

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by y@w View Post
    You can do it if you use two Outlook profiles.

Not sure if that's a good solution for you or not..

Welcome to the forums.
    Thanks you. I should have added within the same profile. I assume this is outside the zimbra scope but can Outlook open two different profiles simultaneously?

Yeah, this is outside Zimbra's scope. If the Exchange servers are in the same cluster, you can set the permissions so that one "owns" the other account, but that's the only way I've found to hook even two Exchange servers to a single instance of Outlook, otherwise you can't even do that with Exchange. Scroll to the bottom: How to connect Outlook to 2 distinctive Exchange Servers on 2 separate domains at the same time? : exchange, outlook, connect, two, servers

I found this for opening multiple profiles at once: Download ExtraOutlook v1.2 to Simultaneously Open two Instances of Microsoft Outlook in Windows PC My Digital Life
    Skip past the stuff about ExtraOutlook. It looks like you can run Outlook twice from the command line by passing in what profile you want but I've never tried it (and don't use Outlook).

Quote Originally Posted by y@w View Post
    Yeah, this is outside Zimbra's scope. If the Exchange servers are in the same cluster, you can set the permissions so that one "owns" the other account, but that's the only way I've found to hook even two Exchange servers to a single instance of Outlook, otherwise you can't even do that with Exchange. Scroll to the bottom: How to connect Outlook to 2 distinctive Exchange Servers on 2 separate domains at the same time? : exchange, outlook, connect, two, servers

I found this for opening multiple profiles at once: Download ExtraOutlook v1.2 to Simultaneously Open two Instances of Microsoft Outlook in Windows PC My Digital Life
    Skip past the stuff about ExtraOutlook. It looks like you can run Outlook twice from the command line by passing in what profile you want but I've never tried it (and don't use Outlook).
    Thanks for the link. I'll take a look but it appears somewhat extraneous for this situation. I am however grateful for your assistance. Once we figure out the best solution, I'll post the outcome.

Regards,