Thread: [SOLVED] Outlook 2007 startup crash after upgrade 5.0.12

Default [SOLVED] Outlook 2007 startup crash after upgrade 5.0.12

hello everyone,

After upgrading ZCO from 5.0.6 to 5.0.12 Outlook does some conversion stuff and then freezes. After killing the process and restarting it crashes on startup, after asking if one would like to deactivate the (faulty) zimbra addin and clicking no.

I am posting 2 crash dumps and the last line of the debug log. Obviously there is a problem with the ZDB Migration, that is the last line of the debug log.

thanks
    matthias
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have all the symbols for this crash, but I see pretty much where it is crashing, and I suspect some new code that was placed in 5.0.12. I will set up a test case, and see if I can repro. I'll keep you posted.

Actually, I did have the symbols, and I know where it's crashing. It is the code I suspected. We're trying to figure out how to do some resynchronization, and we're expecting certain things in the profile. When we don't get them, we crash.

So how much of a big deal is it to keep this profile? I believe that if you create a new profile with 5.0.12 and initial sync, things will work fine.

Also, just curious. Did you ever have a successful initial sync with your current profile? If not, that would explain our crash.

Anyway, if you can try a new profile, that would probably fix it.

hi,

Could you be a bit more specific why it is crashing exactly, maybe something with shared mailboxes/calendar? those users do some sharing stuff...
    Actually, I did recreate (delete zbd and related files) this specific profile and a clean sync works fine. So for this profile it is no big deal anymore but I planned to roll out the upgrade to all users this week and for all of them it IS a big deal...

Did you ever have a successful initial sync with your current profile?
    I would not know if above profile was somehow corrupted, but it always worked and has been in use for some months.

Would there be any workaround or mitigating factors? (Perhaps its sufficient to only delete a specific zdb file or someth.?)
    I am doubtful about rolling out this version to users...

thanks!

PS: I tried to reproduce with a similar old profile (but much smaller one), but everything went fine. Where could the difference be?

Deleting the .zdb is essentially like forcing an initial sync. This would get around the bug, since we would bypass the migration code in this case. This has nothing to do with shared mailboxes or calendars.

I think this is an edge case, and you probably won't have problems going to this version.

I had the very same error on 2 more accounts who shared respectively owned the same calendar. But simply deleting the specific zdb file or all worked around the problem quite fine.