Thread: Outlook Connector Install Options

Hybrid View

Default Outlook Connector Install Options

Is there an option to installing the Outlook Connector that does not create a new default mail profile? We are migrating to Zimbra, and we would loose all current email configuration by installing the Outlook Connector.

I am hoping to be able to install and configure it, then add an account to it. This would keep all the current POP email folders in place without having to reimport them.

I understand that I can get back to the old profiles, and am not bothered that I am loosing data. I am just looking for a better way to deploy this.

Smile Surely Someone has an Idea???

So lots of lookers, but no takers yet. Let me know if anyone has an idea. Thanks.

I am not 100% sure on this but i think zimbra only becomes the default profile for the windows account that it is installed as. (you dont loose the mail profile - it just makes the zimbra one used by default. You could possibly install the connector as administrator (or any local admin) then when the user loads outlook with their normal account and mail profile, you can add the zimbra account to the same profile.

FYI you can only have 1 active zimbra account per mail profile.

So I tried installing as the administrator, then going back to my username. It is true that it did not create a new profile for the user, but the menu options for Zimbra under tools are not there either. Hmm. Seems a bit kludgey.

I ended up backing up the current mail file, installing zOC, then restoring the mail and calendar and contacts. Ugly. Just wish there was a better way.

the zimbra stuff wont be there until you add that account to the profile - when adding the zimbra account select the account type as "other - or something similar" and then pick zimbra collaboration suite" from the list. Then you will have you zimbra stuff in tools menu.