Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calendar entries display in Firefox but NOT Internet Explorer or Outlook

Default same issue...sub-calendar/corrupt .ics

hey, we noticed the issue when users linked to calendars with sub-calendars/.ics . In your client's case have them try just deselecting the calendar with sub-calendar/.ics ( which may also be corrupt ). If it works, then they should choose just the main-level calendar and not the sub-calendar.

It appears IE might have an issue with the javascript used in parsing sub-level calendars or .ics files...dunno, zimbra team?

Hi Native,

I also noticed this. When you disable all of the shared calendars, the users main calendar comes back. You can then add the shared calendars back in one by one, and they will also display. These changes do not get retained though when you exit the browser and load it up next time, this process needs to be repeated in order to see the entries again.

Looking at the JS errors in the debug I suspect you might be right about a parsing issue!

Best regards,
    Gary

Default Yep this works

Thank for you for the work around. Deselecting all calendars and then adding them 1 by 1 works.

Thanks

We are having the same problem, but only for some users and like everyone else said, only using IE. We just upgraded from 5.0.4 to 5.0.13 this weekend and that is when the problem appeared (along with many others!).
    Last edited by swallac2; 03-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.

We just encountered this exact same problem (calendar non-load w/ Javascript error). We found what fixed the symptom.. Deleting the calendar share that had the nested calendar. In our case, the nested calendar was a share from another user.

This appears to be an IE-specific problem as the calendars load just fine Firefox, as the previous post mentions.

Also, the other user uses Outlook to manage her calendar which makes me think that the Outlook connector may be somehow making corrupt .ics calendars.

To make things even more interesting, the problem seems to have stopped on the machines where we were seeing it (at least the machines that I am aware of). I was working on one machine and got the same java script error as above. I tried the suggestions above and they worked once, but never again. Then I flushed the browser cache, changed the skin, and logged in as me. When I logged in it worked properly (has always worked on my machine so I wanted to make sure it was browser specific). When I logged back in as the user it worked right off the bat. I then walked up the hall to two other people who were having the problem and it was mysteriously fixed. I am completely stumped. It was totally repeatable until I messed with the one guys PC, now its all fixed on every machine (for now)? I have no better explanation than that!

Hi swallac2,

Interesting indeed. I can see that this parsing error exists on more than one of our Zimbra servers. Two different customers are suffering from the same problem. I wish I knew what dark magic was at work when yours got fixed! Do any of the Zimbra guys have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    Hi swallac2,

Interesting indeed. I can see that this parsing error exists on more than one of our Zimbra servers. Two different customers are suffering from the same problem. I wish I knew what dark magic was at work when yours got fixed! Do any of the Zimbra guys have any ideas?
    Well, the magic only lasted so long. The problem returned late last week. As others noted it has to do with nested calendars. Whats worse, is that it was my calendar that was causing the problems for everyone else. Somehow, in my Outlook, I created a nested calendar. As soon as I deleted it from my Outlook everyone else's issues cleared up.

Do any of you Zimbra guys thing this is worth opening a support ticket over, or perhaps you have some other suggestions that we can try before needing to do that?

Default Bug filed

Just opened a bug, please vote for it!

Bug 36774 – Javascript error in IE when viewing a shared nested calendar

Ran into this one again today.