Thread: Sync w/ Samsung I500 Palm Phone

Hybrid View

Default Sync w/ Samsung I500 Palm Phone

Anyone have any luck w/ this? I'm looking to sync my calendar & contacts primarily.

You could try with the Outlook connector and Palm desktop.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

thats what i was hoping for. we just moved to a hosted instance of zimbra and i was just wondering if anyone had experience w/ it getting the i500 specifically to sync.

But as long as I can get our hosted zimbra to sych w/ my local outlook, it should work right?

theoretically yes, realistically maybe.

We've tested the connector against outlook but not against other MAPI clients (like PALM desktop). The PALM desktop works in a way that is much different than outlook so it is possible that you may experience issues. I know of 1 person that has tried this and received a few intermittent errors related to the calendar (which may have been resolved by now).

As with any untested configuration, the safest approach would be to backup your PIM and mailbox data then give it a go.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

With my palm phone it uses Chapura PocketMirror to sync Outlook & the phone. Nothing goes through Palm Desktop. PocketMirror allows the device to sync directly w/ Outlook.

Hopefully once I get my local Outlook sync'ing w/ our Smedia-hosted Zimbra, I can just change Chapura to use the Zimbra profile in Outlook and keep syncing my calendar and contacts.

Hello NickR,
    Did you get this to work? We have an "ordinary" palm (a Clie) that we would like to sync to Zimbra (mostly the calendar). If Chapura PocketMirror works for you, then we'll take a look at that as well as Intellisync. Thanks.

Kevin and Sam,
    Any anticipated date when a more direct Palm to Zimbra sync might be available? Or should I ask support? Thanks.

Richard