Thread: [SOLVED] Cannot see shared mail folders with Outlook 2003

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Cannot see shared mail folders with Outlook 2003

I cannot see shared mail folders. The menu option "File -> Open -> Open other users' folder" is grey an cannot be used.

- Outlook 2003 (11.8217.8221) SP3 (German Version)
    - ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.15_GA_2850_5.0.2931.15.msi
    - 5.0.15_GA_2851.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition

No problems with shared folders when using IMAP.

Any ideas? Is this problem specific to Outlook 2003?

The best way to see other folders is File->Open Other User's Mailbox. Sometimes Open Other User's Folder works, but that's a holdover from Exchange. In Zimbra, even it that works, you will still get all the folders that a user has shared for a given store.

I haven't yet figured out why Open Other User's Mailbox is sometimes greyed out, but me may end up disabling that command anyway. Use Open Other User's Mailbox.

Sorry, I can't follow you.

Open Other User's Mailbox is sometimes greyed out, but then I should use Use Open Other User's Mailbox.

How can I access Use Open Other User's Mailbox, if it is greyed out?

I came accross a wiki page "Enable Sharing Addin": EnableSharingAddin - Zimbra :: Wiki. Is that still right for Outlook Connector 5 with Outlook 2003? If so, I have a problem: There is neither a sharing tab in the folder properties setting, nor a registry entry like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlo ok\Addins\SharingAddin.Addin

What your thread said was that File->Open Other User's FOLDER was greyed out. That sometimes happens. I suggested that you use File->Open Other User's MAILBOX.

But if you don't have a sharing tab, then I could see why File->Open Other User's Mailbox would also be disabled. It does sound like your sharing addin is disabled. If you're using Outlook 2003, that wiki page should be about right.

Did you try the Help->Disabled Items? If things still don't work (since you don't have the key), try this:

Go to the directory where the Sharing Addin is, which is Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1031 (if it's German -- 1033 if English). [Just make sure these .dlls are in there.] Do:

regsvr32 /u /s SharingAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /s SharingAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /u /s ShutdownAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /s ShutdownAddin.dll

Or before trying this, you may just want to uninstall the Outlook connector, and reinstall it. You should go to Add Remove Programs and get rid of it. Then on the re-install, make sure it's really a re-install and not just an upgrade. Probably this is the best option -- up to you. Let me know what happens.

Smile

Thanks fsiegel, that helped.
    It worked after uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook Connector.

Default Outlook menu item grayed out other folders

When Other Folders is grayed out, if the Outlook client is in "cached mode"
    the client may be "off line". Enable the status bar, that is shown at bottom of the main screen. Right click at the bottom right hand corner to display sub menu. Take check mark out of the "off line" item. Once the client has a status of "connected" grayed out menu items should be active.