Thread: MSN Premium craps out free/busy

Hybrid View

Question MSN Premium craps out free/busy

This is REALLY a M$ issue but I got no love from them, so I'll ask the real experts.

One of my users installed this MSN Premium thing and ever since he can't see anyones free busy info, his stuff shows up on everyone elses Outlook just fine.

Just for Shts&Grns I tried sending his info to a anonymous FTP site and it didn't go, nor did it read any .vfb or .ifb files there, again everyone elses did just fine.

I also tried loading his account on a different system with everything but the MSN thing and it works just fine.

He is an ex-M$ drone and seems to be content to blame Zimbra and myself for the problem.

Anyone else seen this and have a solution, the free/busy issue not the guy with blinders on

never used the MSN premium thing. Is it something that we can download and try for free? Do you have a pointer for us?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    never used the MSN premium thing. Is it something that we can download and try for free? Do you have a pointer for us?
    There is a 2 month free / 9.95 a month offer here:
    Join MSN

did the msn premium client modify his outlook free/busy url?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    did the msn premium client modify his outlook free/busy url?
    No it didn't. I modified it when I tried the FTP solution then changed it back when that didn't work.

can you verify that outlook is attempting a free/busy lookup against the zimbra server? you can do this by either looking at the server side logs or snooping the client side http traffic.
    Sam Khavari