Thread: Outlook 2007 and "From" field issue?

Default Outlook 2007 and "From" field issue?

On outlook 2007, when click on "new" to compose a new e-mail, it is possible to enable "From" field on "options" tab.

After a lot of tests with our system, we realized that it is possible to type an e-mail from other user on the same server that I have my own e-mail address making me act like the other person.

for example:
    My e-mail (joao.nogueira@domain.com) is on the same server as other.person@domain.com and I am able to insert on "from" field the e-mail other.person@domain.com.
    When I do this, the other.person@domain.com recieves the e-mail that I send on his "Sent" folder (the mail will be on my send items also) and the e-mail receipt will see "joao.nogueiradomain.com on behalf other other.person@domain.com". The name on the receipt Inbox will not be mine, but from other.person@domain.com

Please see the attached picture.

This situation can be dangerous. The most common users will not understand that this message was sent by other person, making them believe that the message is genuine.

But if I insert an e-mail that it is not on the same server of my address, zimbra connector generates a warning message telling me that it was not possible to send the message suggesting me to recreate it or the send/receive process simply fails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some information that I forgot:

Server is 5.0.15_GA_2850
    Connector: 5.0.16_GA_2922_5.0.2990.16

Bug 30217. We're working on it. Should be fixed in 5.0.17. I don't think we can disable the From button, but we will prevent sending of the mail.

Upgrading from 3.0.16 NE to 3.0.18 NE hasn't changed this behavior. Is there something extra that needs to be done on an upgrade?

(Also discussed in thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ot-anyone.html)

Okay, this has been clarified--see the other thread for details.