Thread: Outlook Connector Whacks Outlook?

Default Outlook Connector Whacks Outlook?

I installed the Outlook connector this morning (ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.16_GA_2921_5.0.2988.16, with zcs-NETWORK-5.0.16_GA_2921.RHEL5.20090429092842.tgz trial). I wanted to make sure Zimbra would allow an outlook user to see someone's availability while scheduling an appointment. It simply showed "no data available" for that user with a "/ / / / / / /" bar all the way across.

I also found that my other two configured email accounts had disappeared and were no longer available.

So, I used Windows "delete a program" to uninstall the Zimbra Outlook Connector. After uninstalling it, Outlook would no longer start up, and popped up an error dialog that said "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service LSMSSP.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

I searched the system, and that DLL was *gone*. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 to recover and get Outlook working again, but it still gets the same error and will not proceed beyond it. Close the error dialog, outlook exits.

I should add that the workstation I tried this on was running Windows 7 RC fully patched with Outlook 2007 fully patched.

Is this normal behavior? Management here makes heavy use of Outlook calendar functions, and if we are to purchase Zimbra it's going to have to show a prospective attendee's availability and it can NOT whack any other email profiles, or my name is going to be mud (it is currently "system administrator").

I have searched in this forum and although many people have encountered this, none of the solutions presented have enabled me to regain the use of outlook 2007.

I am not a happy camper.
    Last edited by michaeln; 06-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.

What is Windows "delete a program"?

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program

Sorry I didn't use the correct terminology for you. I am a Linux guy, not a Windows guy.

I managed to delete the zimbra profile from Control Panel -> Mail, and now Outlook works again.

I think I have seen enough of Zimbra at this point to know that it's not going to do what we need. I looked at it a while back and it wouldn't work for us then, I had thought it might be ready for prime time by now.

Near as I can tell, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    This is a useless attempt to help.

That being said, I see this thread is old but this can still happen as it happened to me today. The fix that I found was to go to the control panel->add remove programs then repair the Zimbra connector for Outlook. Worked like a charm and I am back up and running.